Grenada January Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WaterDance

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My husband and I are planning on diving in Grenada in January. I presently have on hold flights from JFK to Grenada on Delta, arriving Jan 22nd at 6:11am and flying out on January 29th at 7:05pm

Questions - we are both advanced PADI divers and are looking for lots of wreck dives and fewer people. The place we want to stay is quiet, secluded, few kids, private, and of course near to the dive sites.
We are interested in diving 2 or 3 times a day (at least).

Looking for the best deal, but with quality.

I have until Tuesday to book the airlines, so hopefully we can find the amazing location to dive and stay!

Also, since we arrive so early on the 22nd and check in times aren't usually until later in the afternoon, what are our choices?

WaterDance,

We did Aquanauts at True Blue Bay Resort and loved it. There might not be as many wreck dives as you want, but they might be able to customize to suit you. As a bomus, at the time of our trip they offered free nitrox. I'm always happy to suck down some free nitrox!

TBBR is away from the main tourist/hotel area but is not too far out for trips in for shopping and such. Aquanauts leaves from docks right there at the resort, too.

Peter, one of the owners of Aquanauts, maintains an occasional presence here as Bianca C.

Aquanauts and TBBR are on our very short list of places to which we will return.

I posted a modest trip report which can be found here... www.scubaboard.com/forums/lesser-antilles/285583-divesergeants-grenada-trip-report-part-1-a.html.

Please feel free to post or PM any questions.

DS

Hi Susann,
with the early flight you can have breakfast at the resort and be on the boat for the 9.00 am dive.
When you're back the room should be ready.
Best, Peter

WaterDance,

Did you pull the trigger and book the trip? If so (and it sounds like it from Peter's post!) I believe you'll have a great time.

Hi Peter, how's it going?
DS

Devotion 2 Ocean is a great shop as well as Aquanauts. Tons of great wrecks. The Bianaca C and Veronica tend to be my favorites. Shakem is a nice wreck but seems to lack aquatic life due to the chemicals in all the concrete. Depending on the kind of amenities you prefer you have a very wide choice of selections. My preference is with the Gem Beach Resort on Morne Rogue...

Hey Sarge,
good to hear from you. Things are good, summer was very quiet though.
Diving is great, mantas around and all the usual critters.
When do you have time to stop by again??
Best, Peter

Hi Peter,

Hmmm. We are doing Grand Cayman in April, but think next winter might call for a return to Grenada.

Say Hi to the gang for us!

DS

Pulled the trigger and booked the trip! Can't wait!

We're excited for you!

We fell in love with Grenada and its people. If you have time to book a trip with Mandoo you'll not soon forget it.

For the diving, if you don't already have a reel and surface sausage you will want to pick up one for each of you. The diving is mostly drift diving and each dive coule surfaces as they get low on air and the boat will pick you up. The sausage makes it easier for the boat to spot you.

Have a blast.
DS

I have just booked to go in April. I look forward to hearing how your January trip goes.

Back
Top Bottom