Grrr im so frustrated with my camera :(

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well the really blown out ones are harder to work with, but there's a surprising amount of information in the anemone one. I'm no photoshop expert, but if it's okay with you, I'd be willing to post a "remix" that's probably closer to true color.

Thats great feel free too!

Sherry

Nothing fancy here (I'm not much of a photoshopper), but here's #2 with 30 seconds of post-processing:

First, I tried the "remove color cast" command (in Photoshop Elements):

sample7colorcast.jpg

Then, starting from scratch, I tried the "Auto color correction" command:

sample7auto.jpg

Sherry,

First off, I want to stress that I feel your pain, and a lot of us have gone through this.

I started with a C5000z and a Sealife and had the same problem.

Since I am landlocked, I did A LOT of pool work. I bought some tub toys:
ebbesswns2706_468x368.jpg

drilled some holes in them, and weighed them down with screws.

My local county pool let me use the deep end in the mornings.

I basically lined them up on the floor of the pool and started taking pictures. I learned strobe placement this way, as well as proper intensity. It gave me a really good baseline.

Like others have said, I learned to shoot manual. I did not have TTL, so I had to adjust the strobe. It simply took time to learn range, and the next time I went diving, there was a tremendous improvement.

One website I recommend is:
underwater strobe positions|Underwater Photography Guide

This particular page deals with strobe positioning, and it will help you learn how to minimize the spots. The website is full of valuable info.

Secondly, like others have said, I HIGHLY recommend you purchase Adobe Elements. It has EVERYTHING you would ever need to edit your photos. Fortunately my best friend is a wedding photographer, and taught me a lot. I would talk to any friends that are photographers and see if they will give you some lessons. Do not let them tell you that you need photoshop. Elements has everything and is $100.

I now have an E-620, but I still take it to the pool and work with my rubber duckies!

Breathe in, breathe out, move on...

Sherry,

First off, I want to stress that I feel your pain, and a lot of us have gone through this.

I started with a C5000z and a Sealife and had the same problem.

Since I am landlocked, I did A LOT of pool work. I bought some tub toys:
ebbesswns2706_468x368.jpg

drilled some holes in them, and weighed them down with screws.

thanks for that what a brill idea i think i get some and sort out some photo sessions with our club members on our pool night :cool2:

I'm too new to post links, but here it is:

fuzzyorange.com/images/anemone.jpg

What I did:

1) Auto color, contrast, tone
2) Added an adjustment layer to take most of the green out. This added strong magenta cast on the anemone.
3) Selected the anemone, then added a layer that took most of the magenta out of it. Taking all out made it blow out, so I left some of it.
4) Gaussian blur layer multiplied into original at 10% for noise reduction.
5) Unsharp mask.

Wow thanks so much you guys!! and I love the tub toys idea!! im taking advice and getting to know my camera and that site is awesome! hopfully soon I will have some good pics to share! I will dive next week so lets see what I get!

Nothing fancy here (I'm not much of a photoshopper), but here's #2 with 30 seconds of post-processing:

First, I tried the "remove color cast" command (in Photoshop Elements):

Then, starting from scratch, I tried the "Auto color correction" command:

I have Adobe will I be able to do that as well?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom