GTBA Gathering/Meet-N-Greet/Send-off Party- May 24, 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gah. Damn.

Yeah, not so sure if we're gonna chance driving three hours and not being able to dive.

What say you, Naturewalker? Initiate plan B (diving Blue Springs here in C. Florida)?

That is exactly it, many will be coming a long way. Not fair to wait until the last possible sec to decide.

Well, My wife and I were looking forward to meeting all of you. If it gets moved we'll be there.

Too bad about the weather. Maybe we can reschedule for a weekend in June?

Yeah, I kinda figured that the viz would be shot but I didn't want to be the initial bearer of bad news. If ya'll head to the springs, have fun & we'll catch ya again at another time.

Well, damn. Just got off the phone with Naturewalker. We're out. No use in driving across the state to sit in the rain on the beach. =P

And, just FYI, apparently there's a bacterial bloom at Rock Springs / Kelly Park and they've closed up... so it's likely that the overflow will end up in the other local springs. So, we're thumbing the whole weekend. Gah.

Ah well, c'est la vie.

Guess I'll be trying out my new dive comp in the swimming pool. =P

TO ALL THOSE WHO WERE TO ATTEND AND SEE ME OFF I THANK YOU . AND SPECIAL THANKS TO MISS D, DIXIE, FOR TRYING TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN , I HAVE DOVE WITH ALOT OF PEOPLE AND MADE ALOT OF GOOD FRIENDS AND DIVE BUDDIES IN FLORIDA. I WILL TRUELY MISS THE FUN IN THE SUN AND WEEKEND GET AWAYS. BUT AS MY LUCK GOES I MUST MOVE ON , SO AS I SAY FAREWELL YOU ALL WILL BE MISSED . REMEBER :no SHOULDNT WE BE DIVING :no

Naturewlker, it has been a pleasure to meet and dive with you and Blondeambition and I wish you good luck in your future endeavors and diving.
Good diving and clear calm waters.

Ron and Danielle

I just checked the weather, things don't look all that bad to me. Nancy and I will be there in the morning. I can't promise great viz, but then the viz is never all that great at Venice. We've found thousands of teeth in the last couple of weeks, I expect to haul out hundreds more tomorrow. I'll see the folks who are willing to take a chance on the weather.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom