Guam Dive Operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rynomar

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am going to be in Guam for several days in December and I am looking at options for dive operators in Guam. It looks like MDA is the most popular option. Can anyone give me some info regarding the number of divers that they take out? I don't really like diving on "cattle boats" and would prefer a smaller dive operator if that is the case.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

I live on Guam and dive here a lot - MDA has several boats and the number of divers can vary significantly depending on the number of tourists - it seems mainly Japanese do everything in large groups - that go on the dives. I believe the minimum MDA wants on a boat is around six? The max can be around 30. You never know how many divers will be on a boat until it sets sail. Even with a large crowd, the diving isn't so bad. MDa is the better of the dive shops for diving. GTDS (Guam Tropical Dive Station) is probably the better for buying equipment and expert sales staff. From what I understand GTDS flat out won't go out without a minimum number of divers on board their boat, so sometimes dives get canceled last minute - this is what I have heard, but not seen myself. So take it with a grain of salt. Hope all this helps.

Jim

Thanks for the info. It sounds like MDA is going to be the best option unless anyone has some other information.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom