Question Guanaja Vs other Bay Islands Honduras questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

loady

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I dove Roatan and Utilla 20 years ago and Cozumel last year. Have the Bay islands had a lot of coral bleaching and die off? Are they in the same or better shape then Cozumel? Which Bay island has the healthiest marine environment and most sea life? after 2015, have any of you been to Villa on Dunbar Rock or cabanas in Clark’s cay, Guanaja? Which did you prefer and why? Thanks!

Right now, Roatan is dealing with SCTLD, not bleaching. It's affected a lot of the hard corals but especially the pillar coral. Didn't really see bleaching when I was there in March

Reactions: Doc
Villa at Dunbar Rock rocks!!!
If you are going with kids, Clark’s Cay is the place (Dunbar is adult only). They have more like cabins type of set up.
If only adults are in your party, Dunbar all the way. Same dive operator and the same dive sites, otherwise.

Right now, Roatan is dealing with SCTLD, not bleaching. It's affected a lot of the hard corals but especially the pillar coral. Didn't really see bleaching when I was there in March
Is that affecting utilization and Guanaja too?

Is that affecting utilization and Guanaja too?
I don't know about Guanaja. RMP would have more info

SCTLD has spread Caribbean wide. Some places it just taking hold, other places it has killed alot of hard coral.

To me, the reefs in west end and west bay are in bad shape (been diving for 25 years and remember what it used go be) much worse than Cozumel.
We where there in April and will be our last trip there. Love West End but the reef condition and lack of fish have forced us to dive elsewhere.
Reefs in Bonaire have just started getting SCLTD but are much better shape (for now).

Reactions: Doc

Back
Top Bottom