Guess the wreck, September 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How about the Northwind?? :eyebrow:

Its at the top of my list of dives to do for sure

^*^BATMAN^*^:
iv never dove it, or penetrated a wreck(excluding wheelhouse on Niagra2) and i wont actually penetrate untill i take my wreck course.

Sounds like a good plan.

I should have mentioned that while some of the places on the Northwind (like the engine room and forecastle) could be accessed by recreational divers, others, like tools room, boilers, etc, do require specialied training and equipment. Buddy of mine actually ran the line on the first dive and left it there so that i could access the area with the camera w/o having to do anything with the reel

Worked out quite well that way

am i just crazy or is that the line in the third picture you posted in the first group, kinda makes a backwards v...

^*^BATMAN^*^:
am i just crazy or is that the line in the third picture you posted in the first group, kinda makes a backwards v...

Yep, this is the line - we ran a circuit around the engine room and included tools room. I would not venture into that room w/o the line - there is about 2 ft of silt on the floor and it is not a very big room - siltout is very possible and trying to figure out the way out by touch would be difficult since there are two exits, one of which actually takes you deeper inside the wreck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom