Guess who's a newbie TRIMIX diver?!? (and sorta Lake Travis report of 8/13)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Presumably you were diving a double cell wing and could have deployed the backup cell under those cicumstances? I dive wet all the time with my double HP120s, steel backplate, VERY negative kit, but I have a 94lb double cell wing.

Presumably you were diving a double cell wing and could have deployed the backup cell under those cicumstances? I dive wet all the time with my double HP120s, steel backplate, VERY negative kit, but I have a 94lb double cell wing.

Sorry to hijack, but why 94lbs? Even keeping a steel bp rather than an AL bp, which would be preferable if you're that negative, 94lbs is way too much, even in fresh water, for the kit you describe. I dive steel 108s with double stages and a deco bottle and don't need that much lift!

Sorry to hijack, but why 94lbs? Even keeping a steel bp rather than an AL bp, which would be preferable if you're that negative, 94lbs is way too much, even in fresh water, for the kit you describe. I dive steel 108s with double stages and a deco bottle and don't need that much lift!

......... :popcorn:

I admit it's a bit much.... The thinking was me with total catastrophic dry suit flood, plus teammate with total BCD failure plus total catastropic dry suit flood. With 94 lbs, we're going up anyway. :) Unlikely, I know.

I like the steel BP because it keeps me from having to wear lead across the entire spectrum of exposure protection. I said very negative in my post because I've been diving that kit in deep warm water--Gulf of Mexico and Atlantic coast off Georgia--with a 3-mil all summer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom