Guppy Gulch in PA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The shop I work with does almost all our training dives there. Even if nobody replies on here, there are normally plenty of divers there willing to show you around if you've never been.

@ssidiv3r

How is the visibility there?

Depends. In the shallow section where the OW classes are held the vis can be about 5 feet or maybe 12 feet if you're lucky based on whether they have any classes that day. In the deeper sections the vis generally improves but is never really more than about 25-28 feet.

Also, it's COLD the deeper you go. Past about 35ft it's around the low 50's °F.

Despite that, we (the dive shop I work at) recommend new divers try it out and get comfortable in those conditions, because if you are comfortable there you will probably be much more able to enjoy other places (i.e. the Bahamas) where the conditions are much more favorable.

VIS: Better than Willow Springs, not as good as Dutch Springs, so maybe the same as Bainbridge.

Watch the floating docks. They are loosely tied together, and bouncy. I took a spill in doubles and a drysuit (with a sling pony), and I was not a happy diver. I had to crawl to the water across the dock and roll off.

If you like rustic, go for it. The owner is a nice guy...........

Back
Top Bottom