Guru No More

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Halle-damn-lejuah !!!!!!

Now my question is, can we eliminate a particular thread as adding to a post count???
In particular the welcome posts.

the K

Yes. If you think it's a good idea for the intro forum, you can post a thread in the back and we can look at implementing it.

Uum .... why should people be so concerned about the number of posts people place - are there prizes on offer ...

Surely the opening post of this thread is clear enough, grouping persons into the general
"categories" is a good enough indication to know if a 'poster' is a new person, prolific or dinosaur ?

Last edited:
Halle-damn-lejuah !!!!!!

Now my question is, can we eliminate a particular thread as adding to a post count???
In particular the welcome posts.

the K

Yes. If you think it's a good idea for the intro forum, you can post a thread in the back and we can look at implementing it.
Why ?
Why only those posts ?
Why not other forums ?
Who gets to decide ?

.... If post count really does not mean anything, then why regulate the number?

(I understand .. as i've said, I remember joining my first forum and I once did think that post count number in those that responded to my questions ment that they must know what they are talking about and is the reason I dont show mine now)

Hey, let's have some fun and eliminate the MOF'ers threads as counting.

If people deem the "# of Posts" to be such a dangerous number, why not just hide it accross the board? Think of the lives we could save!! Disasters we could avoid. We could even wear capes when saving all those lives.....like a superhero.

Just trying to do my part....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom