Gwen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GwenM

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,
I'm Gwenael, a french diver. I started to dive two years ago in Quebec in Canada with Total Diving in Montréal (now there are unfortunately close due to the Covid19). I started from Open Water till Rescue Diver. Special thanks to Greg, Othman, Serge, Scott. I also did a course with Anouar Bennaid from Plongée XL. Then I move to St Barths Island in Caribbean and started to do the FFESSM French Levels with Serial Divers. I have a few specialties : Deep, Wreck, Nitrox, Night, Dry Suit, Ice, Driver Propulsion Vehicle, Oxygen Provider, EFR, Altitude, Drift, PPB, Full Mask.
Right now, I only dive in some quarries in Quebec, in St Lawrence River in Ontario, in St Barths and Sint Marteen.
I would like to do a trip dive in US, in Mexico and in Asia. I also would like to dive in cavern/cave.

I have a YouTube Channel with some of my activities (diving, skyving, bungy jumping, rafting, trip...) but I'm very late with editing videos( a lot of diving videos are coming). I will try to do when I will take time. In the mean time, you can have a look : https://youtube.com/user/darkgwen56/?sub_confirmation=1

You need to go to Tobermory! It’s excellent wreck diving. I was there in 2019.

For Great Lakes diving, the Straits of Mackinac are great.

Welcome!

St Barths Island
Welcome to ScubaBoard. That's one of those islands I've heard of, but don't recall seeing trip reports about. Wonder why not? Can you tell us about the diving and what it's like on the island? Is this a so-called 'hidden gem,' where more people would go if they knew of it?

Richard.

Welcome Gwen
The Morrison dive video was great. What an adventure cutting your own entry/ exit in the ice then looking up at the end to the solid ice. Very cool!

I want to skydive !
heard you have to be under 250#
7 months ago I was 300#
down to 214# :) heading to 170#
then I'll try a jump :)
don't want to ruin a chute
LOL

That's one of those islands I've heard of, but don't recall seeing trip reports about. Wonder why not? Can you tell us about the diving and what it's like on the island? Is this a so-called 'hidden gem,' where more people would go if they knew of it?
It is difficult to say if it is a hidden gem. I only dived in Canada in fresh water and on the neighboring islands St Barths and St Martin. So it's difficult to compare.
There is some sharks, turtles, corals.
I will try to post some videos as soon as I can find some times, like this, you can see if it is anhidden gem.
Welcome Gwen
The Morrison dive video was great. What an adventure cutting your own entry/ exit in the ice then looking up at the end to the solid ice. Very cool!
Thank you. I will try soon to add some videos.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom