Hainan Or Dalian, China

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverkim

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am trying to plan some dive trips in China but it is difficult to get any info. Even a google search comes up with sparse info. Anyway, I would like to know if anyone has been to Hainan and if they recommend the diving. Prices?
Also how about Dalian in the north?

Haven't been to Hainan yet, DiverKim. However, I did come across an Australia-based travel agency that had some scant info on the web about diving in Hainan. They have a "sister" office in Beijing. Perhaps the office in Beijing or Australia can give you some info. I think the e-mail adresses for both offices are listed at the bottom of the web-site.

Here's the link:

http://www.helenwongstours.com/cgi-bin/hwt.pl?A=ViewTour&ID=304

I hope you find what your looking for :)

Miki.

I have always wanted to noe more abt diving in Hainan.. (my Grandparent's hometown) ..but from the limited infor I have gathered...all I noe is it is not deep and mostly shore diving.. with colorful coral expected...

well let us noe...when u have tried it... so that if I happen to drop by... I might dive :)

Thanks Mikimaru,
With all due respect that website was not written by a diver so I consider the information suspect. It was written by a travel agent so probably with a bias. :wink:

I agree. I just thought they might be a good place to start as well as get some pricing info.

Good luck and zai jian ! :)

Mikimaru,

Still looking. Thanks. Mata ne. Zaijian.

Hi,
I have been in Haiman last Dec. The experience of my diving was bad. The diving agent in the Island ( West Island ) and the resort are very in-professional.
I would perfer to goto Philipinnes or Thailand rather than to Haiman for diving.

Anthony

So the conclusion is to pass on the diving in Hainan? I am going to the Island in December and I was hoping for some good diving, but I gather from what I've read here on the site that it is at best an ok experience and, at worse, unsafe. What was the water temperature like, does anyone know?

I have heard nothing but negatives about diving Hainan. However, I have a friend who lives there and will give it a try, possibly this spring.

Dr. Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom