Halcyon 300 Bar Manifold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to kathydee pending funds, who was the first to PM me yesterday. If she falls through, goes to robertarak (2nd to PM yesterday), and thence to mahjong (PMed me first today).

The main difference is that DR manifolds use face o-ring in the valve stem while Halcyon uses radial o-ring. So the initial seal on DR and the likes is provided by the spring pressure, while in halcyon the spring pressure does not do anything but keeping the stem in place :)

The radial o-ring give a big advantage with HP tanks. The ease on how the knob turns does not depend upon the pressure in the tank with Halcyon manifold while it differs significantly with DR, Thermos and the like. So if you use HP tanks it makes a huge difference. The DR valves are very hard to turn when an HP tanks is full and it becomes much easier when it empties out.

So if you dive a HP tank you will see a difference. If you dive LP tanks it is not so much pronounced. AL80s with 3000psi pressure are somewhere in between.

IMHO there is no other feature in Halcyon manifold to die for :)

DR manifolds also were produced by different companies at different times and they had different seats.

I cannot believe the price of the used manifolds got so high. I was buying mines for less than 200 new. :)

Is there any difference between the halcyon manifold and the diverite manifold?

I could be reading your post wrong but it sounds like your saying the DR manifold doesnt have two orings on each side of the isolator valve. I have three DR and they all have two orings on each side. Not a face seal if I understand correctly. I had a guy tell me once DR manifolds and Halcyon manifolds are the same. Is this not true?

The main difference is that DR manifolds use face o-ring in the valve stem while Halcyon uses radial o-ring. So the initial seal on DR and the likes is provided by the spring pressure, while in halcyon the spring pressure does not do anything but keeping the stem in place :)

The radial o-ring give a big advantage with HP tanks. The ease on how the knob turns does not depend upon the pressure in the tank with Halcyon manifold while it differs significantly with DR, Thermos and the like. So if you use HP tanks it makes a huge difference. The DR valves are very hard to turn when an HP tanks is full and it becomes much easier when it empties out.

So if you dive a HP tank you will see a difference. If you dive LP tanks it is not so much pronounced. AL80s with 3000psi pressure are somewhere in between.

IMHO there is no other feature in Halcyon manifold to die for :)

DR manifolds also were produced by different companies at different times and they had different seats.

I cannot believe the price of the used manifolds got so high. I was buying mines for less than 200 new. :)

Is there any difference between the halcyon manifold and the diverite manifold?

I believe you are mistaking the Dive Rite manifold for the OMS one.
edit.......should have read the whole post before replying :D.
They both have double o rings on the isolator bar.
elan didn't confuse the two and is right......

Yes you are reading my post wrong :) You are thinking about isolator-to-post seal. I'm talking about valve stem-to-bonnet nut seal.

In an isolator-to-post seal both use double barrel or "radial" if you will o-rings

DR and Halcyons are not the same. Although look very alike.

I could be reading your post wrong but it sounds like your saying the DR manifold doesnt have two orings on each side of the isolator valve. I have three DR and they all have two orings on each side. Not a face seal if I understand correctly. I had a guy tell me once DR manifolds and Halcyon manifolds are the same. Is this not true?

Going to kathydee pending funds, who was the first to PM me yesterday. If she falls through, goes to robertarak (2nd to PM yesterday), and thence to mahjong (PMed me first today).

Thanks Lecter!

Is it mine yet?

Sorry Robert, but of course you can borrow my tanks anytime!

Sold!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom