Wanted Halcyon 6cu ft Argon bottle mounting straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I made argon bottle mounting straps with 2 inch soft webbing from Jo Ann Fabrics for less than 6 bucks. I now use a system I made with plates cut on a water jet and heavy bungee cord.

I made argon bottle mounting straps with 2 inch soft webbing from Jo Ann Fabrics for less than 6 bucks. I now use a system I made with plates cut on a water jet and heavy bungee cord.
Do you have a picture of how your argon bottle setup looks like?

Let's try this. Slides onto my webbing on the sidemount rig and am putting one permanently on my cold water BPW rig.

Attachments

• 20180428_140028.jpg
    20180428_140028.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 171
  • 20180428_140023.jpg
    20180428_140023.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 110
Let's try this. Slides onto my webbing on the sidemount rig and am putting one permanently on my cold water BPW rig.

That's pretty neat. I'll have to try that out. I haven't seen mounting like that. I've just seen just webbing mounted to the backplate and bungee around the neck of the bottle.

I actually make that bracket and then add bungee to it. I make another version that doesn't have the end loop for use with sidemount canister lights. As I said if you wanted to mount to the plate, go to a craft store and buy 2 feet of 2 inch webbing, a needle and thread, and a grommet kit. You'll have enough for two plate style mounts and it'll be under 20 bucks. You'll pay 50 just for the Halcyon logo.

I actually make that bracket and then add bungee to it. I make another version that doesn't have the end loop for use with sidemount canister lights. As I said if you wanted to mount to the plate, go to a craft store and buy 2 feet of 2 inch webbing, a needle and thread, and a grommet kit. You'll have enough for two plate style mounts and it'll be under 20 bucks. You'll pay 50 just for the Halcyon logo.

Thanks for your tips, I'm going to try that out. I dive mainly backmount for the time being. Going to the craft store to fabricate something up. I would love to do SM in the near future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom