Halcyon cinch question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beni

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello everyone!

I've searched the internet, but I couldn't find an answer to my question so I decided to turn to you guys, hopefully someone has some experience with this system.

Is it possible to take off the MC after a dive while standing? Seems like the moving harness would require me to prop up the tank to prevent it from falling on the ground.

Thanks for your reply!

It's possible.
You're thinking you might pull out the harness all the way, right?
In that case, your waist D rings will stop the harness from being pulled out completely.

Hope this helps

Kaza

It's possible.
In that case, your waist D rings will stop the harness from being pulled out completely.

Hope this helps

Kaza

Yeah, that is what I was wondering about. Thanks very much!

It's only possible to adjust the straps while the tank is sitting on a surface like a bench, or face down in the water.

It may be easier to do so, but not necessarily the only way to do it.

I put my rig on, then bounce a little bit while pulling up on the straps. Right now I'm pulling one strap at a time, but with more practice and coordination, I'm sure I can bounce the rig on my back and pull both straps at the same time.

It may be easier to do so, but not necessarily the only way to do it.

I put my rig on, then bounce a little bit while pulling up on the straps. Right now I'm pulling one strap at a time, but with more practice and coordination, I'm sure I can bounce the rig on my back and pull both straps at the same time.

please post video on youtube for our entertain-, er, education. :D

It's possible.

Hope this helps

Kaza

Not true, the waist d-ring is not part of the webbing, it is attached to the cinch plate. The D-rings stay in place while the webbing slides through a sleeve on the back side of the d-ring attachment. You can remove the webbing while d-rings stay attached to cinch.

The cinch is designed only to give slack if there is little load (weight) on the webbing. The bouncing technique described by fnfalman works great. If you are strong enough, you can also bend at the waist while standing to reduce the load on the webbing and then adjust the system. Please don’t try this with doubles while standing. :shakehead: Rather put them on a table/bench as mentioned by vjanelle.

Also, when you try to loosen the straps to get the rig off, one side would be kept in place by the belt buckle and the other side usually has long enough webbing that you won't be able to pull it off the "cinch system".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom