Halcyon Evolve 60# Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Howdy Doody

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hey All.

As the title says, I am looking to buy a Halcyon Evolve 60# wing.

Please let me know if any of you have one and would be willing to part ways.

Dive Safe

Matt

Ronzo,

Exactly how many people do you need gear for? I mean, really.... what is going on here?

i might, do you have any gear to trade though? and what current wings do you have?

thats actually funny ... because you're new to the board and you understand me ...

i know its hard for people to understand here but ill take a minute to explain.

i learned from an LDS that screwed me left and screwed me right. for example, they sold me an oceanic CDX5 GT3 set-up with the dryvalve technology for $570 and made it sound like a deal because oceanic was throwing in a free octo with that... the shop knew where i was headed with my training (towards tech/cave) as i also purchased a Halcyon system and a steel tank ... they then sold me a din conversion for another $65 without telling me the dryvalve technology was completely moot at that point which was foreign linguistics to me .... so essentially they made me pay almost $650 for a reg because of technology which was no longer on the reg without explaining any of that to me ... phil ellis sold me another of those regs less than a year later for $180 (new and he's an authorized dealer). so whats my point? i learned the hard way. so now, i try to make diving affordable for everyone. sincerely. im sick of these shops wearing their rolex's, living in their huge houses (complaining about all the landscaping that needs to get done) and flaunting their high end tech stuff that only elitists can afford and complaining about the economy hurting them when if they made diving more affordable, they'd open up more income.... y cant someone buy a complete rig for under $1K? (the answer is they can, but not from these shops) so people end up going to leisure pro and hearing from their lds about how bad LP is ... whatever ... so i jump into the equation. i began buying and selling equipment because (need to post a second one for this as im running out of characters)

Last edited:
im a school teacher with a house and wife and could barely afford scuba. so the only way to try out all different types of gear and get familiar with it was to buy it and resell it sometimes for no profit at all other than the knowledge gained or even loss of profit other than knowledge. than some good deals would pop up here and there and i started to store some gear.... when some of my friends started diving, i was able to get them into great gear for a fraction of the cost. just today for example, i dove with a good friend and he doesnt have a scooter and i wanted to scooter, so whats the answer? he used my redundant scooter ... i do this for all my friends ... i just try to make it so everyone i know can see how wonderful it is to breathe on the other side ... sorry that this bothers some people, but it bothers me how some divers consider themselves elitists .... money does NOT make my world go round ... happiness does. what better way to be happy than to help others to experience our "sport?"

Last edited:
Ronzo,

Exactly how many people do you need gear for? I mean, really.... what is going on here?

oh and eric, by the way, if you are ever out this way, pending the time of year, you'll ONLY need your own exposure protection, because if you're properly trained, we can do a couple dives and ill pick up the backgas as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom