Halcyon Focus 2.0 — is the black square problem fixed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver42

Contributor
Reaction score
When the Halcyon Focus 2.0 came out, a lot of users reported a black square near the center of the beam.

Does anyone who has (or recently returned?) on of these lights know whether the problem has been fixed?

Halcyon changed the design from one large LED to four small LEDs. I know several that have this modification from the original design. They report a beam of lesser intensity and one with greater spill. I don't believe I have heard of a failure with the four LED design.

My friend lent me hers and it looked like Pacman had taken a chomp out of the LED. She probably has sent the light back to Halcyon 4-5 times. Halcyon repaired the light under warranty. I don't know if she had to pay the cost of shipping.

You could probably take a chance on a brand new light but I wouldn't chance this on a pre-owned unit without any warranty coverage.

My friend lent me hers and it looked like Pacman had taken a chomp out of the LED.
Thanks. Was this a one-LED or four-LED model? In other words, does the four- have the same problem, or does only the four- have the problem?

Her light currently has the four Led design, which to my knowledge has yet to fail. When it malfunctioned in my care, the light head had the single large LED.

Her light currently has the four Led design, which to my knowledge has yet to fail. When it malfunctioned in my care, the light head had the single large LED.
does halcyon change the one led to four led design when its under warranty?

Back
Top Bottom