Halcyon Super Cam Buckle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ColdH20diving

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Washington State - somewhere near Vancouver
I saw the Halcyon Super Cam Buckle on their web site the other day, they seem like a great replacement for the plastic ones. I'd be interested in feedback, pos or neg from those of you that are using them. My LDS does not carry Halcyon, any on line dealers and whats the going price? Thanks.

They're pretty nice. Diversdiscount.com has them for $20 each. Pretty steep if you ask me, but they really are great. Set them once and you never really have to fool with the tension again.. just slip over the tank and clamp down. And they have those neato (and I think unnecessary) rubber patches on the inside that help hold the tank in place.

jonnythan once bubbled...
They're pretty nice. Diversdiscount.com has them for $20 each. Pretty steep if you ask me, but they really are great. Set them once and you never really have to fool with the tension again.. just slip over the tank and clamp down. And they have those neato (and I think unnecessary) rubber patches on the inside that help hold the tank in place.

You're right they are spendy. I think I'm going to give them a try. Thanks

* Rock Solid

* If you adjust them DRY, you will have to re-tension them once you've used them a time or two.... remember how soft your "stiff" webbing became after only a few dives? Make it death-grip tight when dry, and it will hold your cylinder well when wet. Make it "pretty tight" when dry and you'll bounce your cylinder off your foot

* They leverage against your cylinder to tighten....no biggie if you don't have a painted cylinder. If your cylinder is painted or a pretty purple AL80, prepare for scratches every time you clamp it down

* There are numbers on the steel buckle that assist when threading. Practice at home so you can get the threading dialed in (as the numbers don't provide direction for threading, only sequence.) I'm stoopid....it took me a time or two.

You'll like them.

K

I have 2 of them...very solid. I have never used the Halcyon plastic buckles but generic plastic buckles. While I have never broken a plastic buckle the Halcyon's are really nice - and the best part of the NEW design is, after you take the tank off they stay together as a 1-pc unit and don't pop apart into 2 pcs like the older style did.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom