Half inch taper DIN valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

minimalistdiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have an older steel tank that has a half inch taper thread yoke valve on it. And I would like to put an inexpensive (cheep, old, or used) DIN valve on there.

The tank passed hydro, and visual and I also had it tumbled all by my local dive shop. I got a bit carried away and spent a bit too much on this tank and would like to finish it off and not be completely kicking myself.

Anybody have one of these DIN valves lying around that they would like to turn into cash? I have a dive trip in a month and would love to take this tank up and try it out.

Thanks

Yea, that is for a new one. I am aware of those and they are super nice, but they put me over my budget. I missed out on an older one that is probably 10 to 25 years old on ebay for $39 a month ago. I guess I can wait a few more months for another to show up on ebay, but I thought I would put the word out here to speed things up.

or, take a standard Din valve to a nearby machine shop and have the threads turned down to a half taper. thats my next step.

Yea, that is totally what I am planning. I know a guy that has a machine shop out of his garage. Was just doing one last try before I put him through the trouble. Maybe I should do a few of these at the same time in case anybody else needs one or if I ever need anoter some day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom