• Don't Care

Votes: 28 16.6%
  • Its a Little Much

Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Hell No!

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From the posts that I have read I don't know if it is a good magazine or not. I just won a free 1 year subscription to the divers magazine at the Ghost ship festival up in Milwaukee and thought I was getting a great magazine. I hope that I am but at this point i'm not sure. Thanks for the reports. The below form was located on their website and explains to me even without ever seeing the mag what you all are talking about.

Jeff "Great lakes diver"

Photograph Subject/Model Release

For good and valuable consideration, upon the terms herewith stated, I _____________ hereby give to _________________ ("photographer"), his/her heirs, legal representatives and assigns, those for whom photographer is acting, and those acting with his/her authority and permission:

a) the unrestricted right and permission to copyright and use, re-use, publish, and republish photographic portraits or pictures of me or in which I may be included intact or in part, composite or distorted in character or form, without restriction as to changes or transformations in conjunction with my own or a fictitious name, or reproduction hereof in color or otherwise, made through any and all media now or hereafter known for illustration, art, promotion, advertising, trade, or any other purpose whatsoever.

b) I also permit the use of any printed material in connection therewith.

c) I hereby relinquish any right that I may have to examine or approve the completed product or products or the advertising copy or printed matter that may be used in conjunction therewith or the use to which it may be applied.

d) I hereby release, discharge and agree to save harmless photographer, his/her heirs, legal representatives or assigns, and all persons functioning under his/her permission or authority, or those for whom he/she is functioning, from any liability by virtue of any blurring, distortion, alteration, optical illusion, or use in composite form whether intentional or otherwise, that may occur or be produced in the taking of said picture or in any subsequent processing thereof, as well as any publication thereof, including without limitation any claims for libel or invasion of privacy.

e) I hereby affirm that I am over the age of majority and have the right to contract in my own name. I have read the above authorization, release and agreement, prior to its execution; I fully understand the contents thereof. This agreement shall be binding upon me and my heirs, legal representatives and assigns.

Signed:____________________________ Dated: _____________

Address:______________________________________________

City:________________________ State: ________ Zip: ________

Phone:_______________________ Email:____________________

Witness:_____________________________

www.diversmag.com

:whoa: :bang: :cuddle: :rasta: WOW!

Finally saw said magazine over the weekend at a buddies house. Personally....I think its a kinda cool magazine. Not necessarily for the skin thats shown, either. Bottom line is this....if you dont like it....dont buy it. Nobody is forcing you to purchase and peruse the magazine.
marty

pt40fathoms once bubbled...
I am completely disgusted at the display of "half" naked women on the covers of, and inside, Dive Magazines. I have been told for as long as I can remember, that if you are going to do a job, do it right. To that end, half a job done is as good as no job done at all, and in the same light, half naked would then fall into that catagory of only doing half the job.

Think of the children, what kind of example are we setting by letting shoddy work be published in the first place.

I say if you are going to do a job, do it right. Comletely naked or not naked at all!

I vote for completing the job started.:)

Hahahaha!

I love it :) I agree!

Aw man...some day's it's fun just to be a male pig. Wooo!

Leave it for playboy

I want to learn about diving in the mags..

=-) Scott :eek:ut:

zmcdowe:
www.diversmag.com

I've heard a lot of controversey over women in the new scuba publication, DIVERS Magazine. I really don't see the problem with it, since there's about thirty times less women in it than even Reader's Digest, but I want to know what other people think about it, since there's been so much hubub.

So lets rephrase....

Should pictures of women in bikinis be in Scuba Diving magazines?

(check out the link for the magazine if you haven't seen it yet)
The year 1986 DEMA the place the OFFSHORE DRY SUIT BOOTH the rumble the nude model in the suit without the outside linner..........did it sell more suits? Who cares its a great collectable poster now. Sorry selling 101 sex has does and always will sell. You ladies got it we want t and buy anything you dont wear much in.
EASY ON THE FLAMES ladies!

Year old Topic.......

I would just like to say: Naked women are Great..Particularly when Your deployed overseas..with no women..in an Infantry Battalion. So to all You Males and Females out there...see..once again..people take it all for granted. You should all try it sometime for 18 months or so...then see how important stupid little pictures in any magazine of any gender Your interested in become.

Wrangler - don't suppose you have a scan of that poseter anywhere? I'm actually curious to see it :)

OK guys..get ahold of yourselves.

There are plenty of X rated web sites. Scubaboard isn't one of them.
Let's keep it toned down.

This is an old thread and can easily be pulled.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom