Hans Hass is dead...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As a kid I remember reading a number of his books.

Dang- that man seemed to live for ever. Maybe that means I finally have a chance with Lotte?

Legend.
weblarge_6D6A6BA5-A19C-4D06-A55E-DF509DEB65FD.jpg

Sad to hear. I have a number of his books I haven't gotten around to reading yet.

I put a link to his film Diving the Red Sea on the Vintage Scuba Supply Diving Media web page. It's in German, and in black and white, but has some very beautiful images too.

By the way, the current issue of The Journal of Diving History, from the Historical Diving Society, has a lengthy article titled The Development of the Hans Hass Rollimarin System. It provides context to the contributions of Dr. Hass.

SeaRat

I maintain all Dr. Hass's American published books. All inscribed to me. (Also a few in German-not inscribed)

Diving to Adventure-1952- inscribed by Dr. Hass
(he had not met Charlotte Beierl (Lotte) when he published the book in German- they were married in 1950)

Manta -1953-inscribed by Dr. Hass & Lotte

Men and Sharks -1954-inscribed by Dr. Hass & Lotte

We come from the sea- 1959-inscribed by Dr. Hass & Lotte

Challenging the deep -1973Diving to Adventure-1952- inscribed by Dr. Hass

Men beneath the sea -1975-inscribed by Dr. Hass & Lotte

GERMAN

Ich tauchte in den Meeren -1954

Wir Kommen aus dem Meer-1957

Vorstob in die Tiefe-1972

Hans Hass: Ein Leben lang auf Expedition-1994- inscribed by Dr. Hass & author Dr. Micheal Jung

The Complete Goggler inscribed to me-Both the American and the English edition- Dr. Hass was the last person alive to be mentioned in the book

The 1959 third annual Underwater film festival program inscribed to me- very few if any of these remaining. My copy is mint!

(this event was where I met Dr. Hass and his wife "Lotte" for the first time-54 + Years ago)

The 1998 Santa Barbara Underwater film festival honoring Hans and Lotte Hass both inscribed to me.

The Historical Diver fall 1996 inscribed to me

Sport Diver Vol.1 Nr.1 Hans Hass article

And Berliner Zeitung, December 1942 with Hans picture on front cover-

Son of a GUN!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom