Happy-Medium Destination

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
My boyfriend and I are looking to plan a trip in early-mid Nov. Our goal is to find a destination that will combine good diving with opportunites for other activites. (cultural tours, ruins, eco-tourism, horseback riding, snorkeling, etc...) Becuase he is a seasoned diver and I am a new diver, we want to make sure that our destination will accomodate both our skill levels. We are planning to dive 3-4 days total. So far, we've discussed Costa Rica (Eastern side), Belize and Cozumel. Anywhere else we should be considering?? Thoughts on the best "fit" for the two of us?

Rivera maya - ruins for top side and Cancun for entertainment; Cozumel, caves and caverns for diving.

Bonaire is always perfect...

On the other hand nothing beats Jersey diving in mid-Nov. :wink:

Well CR is great but no ruins to speak of, except if you go down to Drake Bay there are some of the mysterious stone orbs nearby and on Cano Island. And IMHO and most others there is no good diving on the eastern side of CR, need to go to Guanecaste NW-Catalinas islands or SW to Drake Bay.

Mexico-Cozumel or Chichorro banks areas would be good
Belize
Honduras-Bay islands and Copan.

To narrow it to one I would take Belize-great diving, world class ruins just across the border at Tikal, many minor ruins in Belize, cave tours, jungle, animals, waterfalls, whitewater, etc.

I agree with PAdiver03. Cancun has good topside stuff and good diving. Cozmel has some ok topside stuff and great diving. It's going to be your cheapest vacation.

Cozumel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom