Happy New Year from the crew of Giant Stride

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lake Travis Scuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I want to thank all the members of Scubaboard for your support during the 2009 dive season. You have been instrumental in the success of Lake Travis Scuba through your positive posts, referals and continued business.

We took advantage of the low lake level by constructing a dive trail on Shaker Plant, photographing the walls at Oasis, Starnes Island, West Point, and Cypress Creek, participated in the annual Lake Cleanup, and discovered several cisterns around Sometimes Island. With the lake on the rise we will return to Wreck Alley, which needs some repairs to the lines.

On behalf of myself, Ellen (the best shuttle driver around), and all the DM's on Giant Stride I want to say thank you for taking us diving with you. We look forward to having the chance to dive with you in 2010.

I hope everyone enjoys celebrating the close of 2009 and rings in the New Year with your loved ones. Be safe and have fun. :newyear:

Your boat rocks, Robert!! Best of 2010 to you and your crew!

Always a great time diving with you Robert and look forward to several in 2010.

Rich

Robert,

Thanks for all the great memories thus far..

I did my 1st dive on The Stride May 6th of this year, which was also my sixth dive since OW training the month before. This trip was my first boat and night dives as well and I had a great time.

I've met quite a few of my dive buddies / friends via diving on the stride since May, as well as many others I respect a great deal and hope to get to dive with in the future.

I suppose anyone with the financial means and intention could drop a dive boat onto a lake, but without a doubt what makes Lake Travis Scuba - The Giant Stride stand out is her Captain. I've been on a fair number of dive boats in my short "career" so far, but none of them are as accommodating, helpful and friendly as what you bring to the table..

Never rushed.. Always giving excellent briefings on the dive spots.. Ready to loan any gear that might have been forgotten or lost (a'hem.. like masks).. And best of all.. Providing hot water and willing to pour it down a freezing divers back when he/she might have be smarter wearing a drysuit or something a little thicker..

You're top notch my friend! Glad to know you and I look forward to racking up many more free credits this year.. :goingdown:

David

Last edited:
Robert,

I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed diving off the Giant Stride this past year. The dives I did with you on the Shaker Plant took me to places that I couldn't have imagined in January '09. If you and your crew continue to do such an excellent job, 2010 will be a banner year! Have a great New Years break and looking forward to diving with you again when the water warms up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom