Harbour Master closed the port

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rhodesaz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just heard from the dive shop, the Harbour Master closed the port for all morning dives.

Possiblity of a storm rolling through this morning. We'll see if he opens it up for afternoon dives.

BUMMER!!! :(

It blew up quickly! I am up near Puerta d'Abrigo. At 7:15 it was mildly breezy. At 7:30, the wind was moving the chairs under the palapa, and there were whitecaps to the north.
One of the capis told me yesterday there'd be a Norte today. I couldn't find anything about it on any place I check, but I should've known he was right!

Did Aldora make it to the east side?

Sort of related. Have there been more than normal amount of Nortes this month? We are there end of the month and hoping to not get blown out.

Did Aldora make it to the east side?
I don't think so. It was a quick blow, and now it's beautiful again. A group is readying for pickup at the Villa; I think Liang just headed up to load the boat.

No... No extra nortes in my estimation.... Tis the season, after all. So work on your good karma, and maybe you won't get blown out! :zen:

We went to he east side and found it to be flat and readied our boats for a trip. But by the time we got that far, the port was reopened and we are taking our regular boats out now at 11:00 AM.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Yep, port opened up at 11:00 and happy divers are out diving!

Rhodes - when the port closes in the morning, stay on standby with your dive shop if you really want to dive. The "second" harboar master report is between 10 and 10:30am every morning and is when they make the call for the rest of the day usually. Don't give up at that first call unless it's REALLY, REALLY bad out there. These things can blow out just as fast as they come in.

Back
Top Bottom