Hard Hat Diving Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BeckyKagan

Contributor
Reaction score
I've had the great pleasure of filming the North East Diving Equipment Group. They let the public dive and experience their vintage & modern hard hats. It's a truly unique diving experience! Enjoy the video! https://vimeo.com/67998438

MKV HDR wm sm.jpg

Great job Becky
That was a nice video on hard hat diving! It sure brought back memories of when I went through my commercial hard hat training at Commercial Dive Center (CDC) in Wilmington, CA back in 1974. Off course CDC is no longer there, but your video brought a smile to my face seeing the gear being used to introduce divers to the old gear. Again very nice!

Jerry

Thanks for the video. That was a great video and a great interview of Fred.

I used to get together with them in Connecticut. I am going to have to take a trip down there for one of the NEDEG events.

Oh yes I dove the Mk 5 hardhat 15 years in the Navy from 1965- 1980 . Hard to work in but loved every minute of it. What an adventure it was. At 69 I still can kill fish.

I might have to plan a trip to Pennsylvania next year. I've always wanted to try hardhat diving.

Thank you for great video Kagan ..honestly saying I was dive 2 times with helmet but I didnn't enjoy..you can not go back to back.

Great video!

I actually came by a few times to check the guys out on surface intervals. I hope to be joining them in the fall for their Labor Day Rally.

If I were to start my "bucket list" today, experiencing hardhat diving would be at the top of the list. Now, if I can just find somewhere in Texas to experience it. Wonderful video!!!

Glad you guys enjoyed the video! You should absolutely come and check it out! They do it over memorial day weekend and Labor day weekends every year.

I'd love to, but unfortunately I've already got one dive class and one out of state dive trip scheduled for this year and my wife's not going to let me get away with more than that.

2014 looks more promising.

Back
Top Bottom