Harness color?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do your harnesses come in any colors besides black would be a better question.
But yes, DSS harnesses come standard with black webbing.

Do your harnesses come in black webbing?

Jim

Like Henry Ford, any color you want as long as it is black.:D

Colored webbing does exist, and is available from a few online sources, but the colored webbing is frequently not the same material or "stiffness" that we have found most divers prefer.

I'm not saying you can't find colored webbing that "works", just that it can be unpredictable in terms of feel and function.

Tobin

Last edited:
Tobin speaks the truth. I tried out some other colored webbing, but haven't found any that would be stiff enough for Hog harness use.

YMMV

Like Henry Ford, any color you want as long as it is black.:D

Colored webbing does exist, and is available from a few online sources, but the colored webbing is frequently not the same material or "stiffness" that we have found most divers prefer.

I'm not saying you can't find colored webbing that "works", just that it can be unpredictable in terms of feel and function.

Tobin

Maybe it's my computer, but the rig on your web site looks like grey webbing? Anyways, good, I'm looking for a black harness.:D

Thanks all.

Jim

For anyone wanting colors other than black, I bought some blue webbing from Reefscuba that works great, they have blue,red and yellow.

Why did I get colored webbing, because I wanted to be different and if I'm ever in a position where someone else needs to cut me out of my harness I want them to be able to see it clearly.

I have pink harnesses on my backplate! The webbing cost a third of what stuff costs at dive shops too. Got it from a horse riding equipment store...

4450532660_013df58ca2.jpg

Last edited:
No grey, just black. Might be a less than perfect photo or your monitor or a bit of both.

Tobin

That's me alright, less than perfect, except for that harness I just bought from you Tobin.:D

Thanks.

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom