Harvey's Matrix Dri-Flex wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bringing this message to the front again -- how are the Harvey Dry-Flex suits working out? The cost is definitely a plus, as are the complaints about hyperstretch "piling."
Also, has anyone tried the other superstretch suits? I've noticed one on Scuba.com by Tilos and checked out the Bare website, but of course the only thing I find locally is the Henderson.

Trisha:
Bringing this message to the front again -- how are the Harvey Dry-Flex suits working out? The cost is definitely a plus, as are the complaints about hyperstretch "piling."
Also, has anyone tried the other superstretch suits? I've noticed one on Scuba.com by Tilos and checked out the Bare website, but of course the only thing I find locally is the Henderson.

Have used my Harvey 5mm in water 60 degrees. Used with bibbed hood and booties. The suit is toasty warm with very minimal water circulation. I'm certain that the arrangement would be suitable in 55 degrees with insulated gloves. It is perfect replacement for well worn older suit.

As I have previously posted, this suit, with a 3mm shorty over will handle anything I'll dive wet. I'm now considering a 3mm Harvey full. we'll see.

regards,

We carry the Henderson, and have great luck with those... we are also a Tilos Dealer, and in all honesty, we were just not blown away by their stretch suits. Last week - the President of Bare came to visit. We spent a lot of time talking about some of the problems I had with Bare in the past - not quality problems - things like we'd order 200 suits at a crack, and they would have to backorder 40 of them... Mainly supply issues.

Anyway, he brought me up to date with their new facilities and procedures, and showed me their new suits, I was very impressed. Not quite as stretchy as the henderson - but seem more durable... And I dove a bare for a long time and found them to be great suits... So we're going to pick up some of their line again.

If there is anything in particular you need - feel free to give me a call - or if anyone has any problems with any of the items in their line - please let me know so I can make sure we only get products that have good quality and value...

scubatoys:
So we're going to pick up some of their line again.

If there is anything in particular you need - feel free to give me a call -

Any idea when you might be getting any of the Bare in? I'm looking for a 3mm fullsuit of the "stretchy" one :crafty:

Leaving on my trip in a month

scubatoys:
We carry the Henderson, and have great luck with those... we are also a Tilos Dealer, and in all honesty, we were just not blown away by their stretch suits.

What was your opinion on the Tilos wetsuits? Have you had any issues with them?? Why didn't they "blow you away"??
These are in a list of possible wetsuits for me, due to the price, so I'd like to know if they are any good.
Thanks

Ben

Mmmm, I love ScubaToys! Just went there last weekend and found some gloves that actually are visible underwater (not basic black.) We got our NeoSport wetsuits there along with other bits and pieces over the last year.
One of these days I'm gonna try those superstretch suits....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom