Has anybody used the Sony 20mm f2.8 pancake lens?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoag

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking for a wide angle lens for my new A6000 (and Nauticam Housing). I love Zeiss lenses, but the 12mm f2.8 is a little out of reach by the time the port is added. The kit lens is just that ... a kit lens and it has far from an ideal image quality. The 16mm f2.8 pancake lens is notorious for being soft especially as you get toward the edges and corners.

That leaves the 10-18 f4 OSS Lens and the Nauticam 36129 7 inch Dome Port as the logical choice.

I was wondering though, has anybody tried the Sony 20mm f2.8 pancake lens (with either the Wide Angle or the Fisheye converters) and the Nauticam 36125 4.33 inch Dome Port (normally used for the 16mm lens)? The 20mm lens has almost the same dimensions as the 16mm lens, so in theory, it should work.

I have read good things about the 20mm lens and was curious to hear if anyone had used it underwater and if so what dome port you used.

Back
Top Bottom