Question Has anyone added a quick disconnect to a (Aqua Lung) High Pressure console? (I550) ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sonoma-Moto

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have my reliable Aqua Lung i550 that has a cable (no BT), so I would like to add a quick disconnect to the high-pressure line.

I see Scuba Pro and XS Scuba make an "add-on" HP quick disconnect.

I am not sure if I need to replace the Aqua Lung HP hose, or just connect these devices in line (near the console)

Appreciate any input. Thanks
~John

Can you just imagine it, you know that sound a loud ppfft when your airline disconnects
and you're following your console on that 45degree downward trajectory with your eyes

We use the ScubaPro model on my wife's console. It just screws in on the end of the hose. Caution: Make sure there isn't a long "neck" to the console or it will be up inside the console and useless.

I can't remember if it needs a second air spool or not....

Can you just imagine it, you know that sound a loud ppfft when your airline disconnects
and you're following your console on that 45degree downward trajectory with your eyes
a) in 20+ years of quick connects I never had one disconnect on me, under pressure it's close to impossible to do that
b) it call only sail way if you are one of those divers dragging their stuff through the reef, as the computer is secured to th eBCD like all other danglies

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom