Has anyone been asked to email/fax a picture of their credit card?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow! Thank you all, again, for the good information and feedback. :D

I feel a little better, although emailing my info is out of the question. Based on all these responses, I plan to complete WinAir's form and fax my info, but I will black-out the credit card numbers so they can't be used. If WinAir cancels my reservation and refunds my money (their stated policy); then I will try to re-book using a travel agent. If I can't get on the WinAir flight, then I guess I'll spend a night in St. Maarten and catch the early boat to Saba. This has been a learning experience for me. (Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.):no

Good luck on your travel arrangements, and please be sure to post a trip report upon your return. Our merry little band of travelers heads over there in June.

Will do!!!, Joystershell,... . I fly back home on the 12th of May, so look for a trip report shortly after that. We're diving with Sea Saba and staying at Juliana's. Looking forward to three dives each day during the morning/afternoon, photo ops (above and below the surface), hiking, enjoying the rainforest, and generally kick'n back. I am still hoping to see the "green flash" at sunset that my friends tell me about...... don't get many opportunities to see that here on the east coast of Fla. :D

Will do!!!, Joystershell,... . I fly back home on the 12th of May, so look for a trip report shortly after that. We're diving with Sea Saba and staying at Juliana's. Looking forward to three dives each day during the morning/afternoon, photo ops (above and below the surface), hiking, enjoying the rainforest, and generally kick'n back. I am still hoping to see the "green flash" at sunset that my friends tell me about...... don't get many opportunities to see that here on the east coast of Fla. :D

Looks like we'll be following the same itinerary, except I'll be there the second week of June. Please remind Lynn at Sea Saba about my offer to be her personal "mule", she just has to let me know what she needs/wants.

Have a great trip!

Looks like we'll be following the same itinerary, except I'll be there the second week of June. Please remind Lynn at Sea Saba about my offer to be her personal "mule", she just has to let me know what she needs/wants.

Have a great trip!

Thanks. I'll make sure to mention this to Lynn when I see her.

I agree, that you should simply refuse to fax personal info, and that it's against *your* policy.

On the flip side, you're relatively safe with a CC. I had two cards compromised last year... both being used multiple times before the CC companies froze them. I wasn't held responsible for a single penny of fraudulent charges on either, and to the credit of the banks, the both recognized the dubious spending patterns.

I've also been told a good policy is to call your CC company, and let them know the dates you'll be out of country. Any charges outside that window will be questioned.

I agree, that you should simply refuse to fax personal info, and that it's against *your* policy.

On the flip side, you're relatively safe with a CC. I had two cards compromised last year... both being used multiple times before the CC companies froze them. I wasn't held responsible for a single penny of fraudulent charges on either, and to the credit of the banks, the both recognized the dubious spending patterns.

I've also been told a good policy is to call your CC company, and let them know the dates you'll be out of country. Any charges outside that window will be questioned.

Thanks, BKP..... I'm feeling better and better about all this.... and I got your subtle message;
...nothing would ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome... :D

I have had to do this as well and some times require it. If its a cc over the phone and the operator needs to show the person purchasing is the owner it is more common. Also providing a picture Id. Just be careful and make sure you have the name of the person or persons your working with, trust.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom