Has anyone ever dove SHARK HOLE in Belize?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since no one answered, I'll answer it myself. YES! It's worth it. Very cool dive. It's shallow so if it's depth you're looking for, go to the Blue Hole. If you're looking for a 'different' dive (I was getting a little burnt out diving walls) then this is it. Very cool pictures and video!

Hi!
I assume sharks are present on that dive site? What kind of? Nurse?
So please post some nice pictures you took!

Cheers!

Hi!
I assume sharks are present on that dive site? What kind of? Nurse?
So please post some nice pictures you took!

Cheers!

There is a saying we have on another online community i belong to:
"Without pics, it never happened."

A few years ago while staying at Blue Marlin we did the shark hole. The best part is dropping down to a typical rock sand bottom and then heading into a wonderful cavern. Unless you knew exactly where this feature was you would never find it!
There is a debris pile in the center of the cavern that rises to about 90 ft. When you enter you swim to the side walls and circle the place. There were a few big sharks that came in when we were there and they did just what we were doing, circled the debris pile. If you are in the area and like big dark places don't miss this dive.

A few years ago while staying at Blue Marlin we did the shark hole. The best part is dropping down to a typical rock sand bottom and then heading into a wonderful cavern. Unless you knew exactly where this feature was you would never find it!
There is a debris pile in the center of the cavern that rises to about 90 ft. When you enter you swim to the side walls and circle the place. There were a few big sharks that came in when we were there and they did just what we were doing, circled the debris pile. If you are in the area and like big dark places don't miss this dive.

Sounds as a good dive! I will park this in my memory, hope to visit Belzize some time.

Roy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom