Has anyone seen or used the new Scubapro Hydros Pro BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Forgot one other point. Gets attention. Example: in a resort full of SP gear, I was at breakfast with my dive gear in mesh bag on floor next to me. Gentleman politely introduced himself as SP Caribbean rep, "how long you had your Hydros, how do you like it?"

Even buried in my dive bag, the orange pocket covers are noticeable. He saw it when strolling past with his breakfast.

Forgot one other point. Gets attention. Example: in a resort full of SP gear, I was at breakfast with my dive gear in mesh bag on floor next to me. Gentleman politely introduced himself as SP Caribbean rep, "how long you had your Hydros, how do you like it?"

Even buried in my dive bag, the orange pocket covers are noticeable. He saw it when strolling past with his breakfast.

My LDS doesn't have the different colour weight pocket covers in stock yet, l went with buying standard black but want the option to match with my fins on the days I want some colour in my diving life. The guys in the Maldives loved my orange fins said its the first time they had seen them, they were also similarly impressed with the Hydros.

My LDS doesn't have the different colour weight pocket covers in stock yet, l went with buying standard black but want the option to match with my fins on the days I want some colour in my diving life. The guys in the Maldives loved my orange fins said its the first time they had seen them, they were also similarly impressed with the Hydros.

I have both the orange and yellow pockets. Helps to be friendly with Rhyss! Irony is that I use neither.

I just got mine today! Love it before hitting the water. I'm replacing my 14 year old Ladyhawk. Can't wait to get wet! But if someone can please tell me where the serial # is? LOL. I need it to register! :surrender:
Thanks!

I just got mine today! Love it before hitting the water. I'm replacing my 14 year old Ladyhawk. Can't wait to get wet! But if someone can please tell me where the serial # is? LOL. I need it to register! Thanks!

Turn the BC around so that the plastic tank plate is facing you. Above the right hand trim weight pocket is a small pocket. Put your finger inside and there is a white fabric cloth with your serial number. Presto!

Turn the BC around so that the plastic tank plate is facing you. Above the right hand trim weight pocket is a small pocket. Put your finger inside and there is a white fabric cloth with your serial number. Presto!

Thank You!

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to say that I just bought a Hydros Pro two days ago. It's a pretty cool set up and you can configure the bcd the way you want with integrated weights or as a harness. It doesn't come with pockets, but you can buy them separately. Who needs pockets any way? It's instantly dry when you get out of the water, and it's probably the most comfortable bcd I've ever worn.

I just got some droppable-weight pockets for my Hydros setup with the harness that comes with it. I found them for $15 each online, so it's not a major expense to have the option. The Pockets are the IST/Dolphin JT-WP4. I wish they were a bit smaller, but they fit well on the belt and disappear when you put the BC on. There are other options if you want droppable weights, but these were one of the few that I could find that have a buckle as well as a top-loading zipper. For the price, it seemed worth it to give them a shot. I haven't had it in the water yet, but I think I like how it'll work...

HydrosHarnessWeight1_zpsttedliga.jpg

HydrosHarnessWeight2_zpsvrw6xphn.jpg

Last edited:
I just got some droppable-weight pockets for my Hydros setup with the harness that comes with it. I found them for $15 each online, so it's not a major expense to have the option. The Pockets are the IST/Dolphin JT-WP4. I wish they were a bit smaller, but they fit well on the belt and disappear when you put the BC on. There are other options if you want droppable weights, but these were one of the few that I could find that have a buckle as well as a top-loading zipper. For the price, it seemed worth it to give them a shot. I haven't had it in the water yet, but I think I like how it'll work...

View attachment 398773

View attachment 398774

Why not just use the weight pockets that come with the BCD?

Why not just use the weight pockets that come with the BCD?

Lighter, less bulky, easier to pack my entire kit as carry-on, diving in warm enough water can dump the pockets entirely or use them for things other than weights, I like the feel of the harness, etc etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom