Has anyone seen or used the new Scubapro Hydros Pro BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, and FWIW, I use these trim weight pockets and I really like them.

They're only $10 each. They only hold a max of 1 x 4# hard weight in each. I like that because I don't generally ever need more than 8# of lead total anyway, and I don't like big pockets that let the lead flop around, especially if I only need 2 or 4# total. If you need more than 8#, total. You can always add more of these pocket. Maybe even 2 on your waist and 2 on a tank strap.

DGX Trim Weight Pocket

Thanks, gents.

I notice my travel tek belt is different from online photos.

The portion of the belt that you pro to tighten/loosen the belt has sewn-in strap keepers/retainers.

The idea is after you tighten, you slip the slack portion onto the belt that goes around your waist.
Clever design and very useful.
But then you have to undo the belt from the back to actually slide anything on to the belt.
And if it's a tight fit, it may not slide over because the rear portion of the belt has stitching that thickens that area and may prevent you from sliding something like a triglide if the triglide openings are narrow.

I purchased weight pockets that come with a sewn-in strap keepers.

I know I can purchase the clip on ones but I'm not in the states and can't find them here.

I've had my hydros pro for a year and a half now and about 150 dives.

I really like the BCD and have no major issues with it.

I have a size M. I am 184 cm wall and currently weigh 72 kg ( at time of purchase I was about 90 kg and knew I'd be losing weight).

The only thing I disliked was the bulky weight pocket rubber.

As of today, I installed the tec/trav belt and will purchase weight pockets as I only use 5 kilograms in a skin suit and still 5 kilograms with a 3mm (in winter) since I lost weight.
2 kilo gram per weight pocket.
I am meticulous about caring for my gear and always thoroughly wash and dry after a dive. I clean the BCD inner bladder with distilled water every 10 dives.

I noticed some wear on the shoulder straps that I feel are premature considering I only have about 150 dives and carry very little weight (4 kgs) in the weight pockets.
Wondering if I should have this addressed immediately?

I noticed some wear on the inside of rubber weight pocket housing.
Which I dont think is fair because I never leave the weights in the weight pocket - other than between dives.
Yes, between dives the pockets drape down from the weight but thats only for about an hour. So not a lot.
Still the pockets developed rips.

Also, I only had soft pouch 0.5 kilo grams in the trim pocket and yet the buckle started coming out / ripping out the BCD. From BOTH pockets.
This is very strange because theres virtually no pressure on the buckle from the small half kilo soft weights.

Also, how does Scubapro expect me to attach a weight pocket to the trav/tek belt when the buckle end is too large to slip a pocket weight on?
Maybe a pocket weight with velcro would work, but conventional pockets need you to slide them on?

Photographs for your perusal.

View attachment 630054 View attachment 630055 View attachment 630056 View attachment 630057 View attachment 630058 View attachment 630059
I’m confused. You don’t like the integrated weights of the Hydros Pro but you skip on weight pockets to the travel strap?

I’m confused. You don’t like the integrated weights of the Hydros Pro but you skip on weight pockets to the travel strap?

Hi
I don't mind the integrated weight pockets on the hydros pro.
But they feel a bit bulky.
Well, they don't, but I only have 2kg in each pocket. So each pocket is really empty and the rubber housing where the weight pocket slips into is unnecessarily large.

I'd always intended to move to the travel belt coupled with compact weight pockets but never got round to it.
But in my 150 dives, I've never had any issues but want to move to a travel belt and compact pockets to be more streamlined.

I just purchased two compact pockets and will install soon.

Hope I clarified.

Hi
I don't mind the integrated weight pockets on the hydros pro.
But they feel a bit bulky.
Well, they don't, but I only have 2kg in each pocket. So each pocket is really empty and the rubber housing where the weight pocket slips into is unnecessarily large.

I'd always intended to move to the travel belt coupled with compact weight pockets but never got round to it.
But in my 150 dives, I've never had any issues but want to move to a travel belt and compact pockets to be more streamlined.

I just purchased two compact pockets and will install soon.

Hope I clarified.
I’ve only used my HydrosPro on one 5 tank trip so I’m still using the integrated pockets while I fine tune my needed weight (I took off 2 lbs already and I’m down to 10 but I kay be able to take off more). Once I’m done with that I may switch to the travel strap and those pockets you mentioned might be an option.

I think this clip will illustrate what I meant earlier.

Can't slide it in on from the rear because the vertical shoulder strap gets in the way.

And can't slide it in from the front because the slack-strap retainers are sewn in.

Any suggestions?
Other than culling the retainer clips?

Is there a way to change out the Large straps for Medium? I've got the straps cinched as tight as they can go and it's still a bit loose.

I think this clip will illustrate what I meant earlier.

Can't slide it in on from the rear because the vertical shoulder strap gets in the way.

And can't slide it in from the front because the slack-strap retainers are sewn in.

Any suggestions?
Other than culling the retainer clips?

Why do you want to slide a weigh pouch from the rear and have it go past the shoulder strap? I want my weight pockets to be as far back on the sides as they'll go. To me, having it up against the back plate and having the shoulder strap there to keep it from accidentally sliding forward is a bonus.

Is there a way to change out the Large straps for Medium? I've got the straps cinched as tight as they can go and it's still a bit loose.

I believe your friendly neighborhood ScubaPro dealer can order the smaller straps and swap them on the BCD for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom