Has anyone stayed at Tranquilseas in Sandy Bay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tbrads

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone had any insight on this hotel. I am looking for a small boutique style hotel with diving, away from the scene, yet close enough to take into town for dinner a couple of times during my stay.

Would this fit the bill? Is there good diving near by?

Thanks in advance.

Tranquil Seas is now fully up and running, they aren't refering 'their' divers anymore. Its located a 5 minute walk down from Anthony's key Resort in Sandy Bay so yes, is in the heart of the better diving on the northwest facing side of Roatan.

Chris, the owner and onsite manager also offers diving safari's to more remote areas of Roatan.

I'm not sure quite how 'boutique' the place is but it sure sounds like it would fit the bill for you in terms of location and being away from the crowds without being isolated. I live here and would happily book my friends or family a stay there.

Tuesday night tapas night is good and the Oasis Lounge pool bar located 5 minutes walk down the road is fun.

We had the pleasure of visiting tranquil seas in jan of this year. It is a very nice small resort right on the beach in sandy bay. Chris has done a very good job with the place. He really takes pride in his customer service. We were very impressed. We also enjoyed the tapas night on tuesday. It was alot of fun. I would definitely reccomend it.

Also stayed at this resort in April 2011. Very good location for diving and the small nature of the resort means uncrowded dive boat. For 10 of our 13 dives it was my wife, me, and the dive master.

I am not familiar with this resort, although some people I met while diving did stay there and really enjoyed the place. We stayed at The Blue Bahia in Sandy Bay and would definitely return. It fits the bill as a boutique resort with the added bonus of one of the best restaurants on the island and a top notch dive op on site. I cannot recommend Octopus Dive School enough. Dive masters are professional, great at finding critters, boats are fast and take out a small number of divers. The only downside to this resort was the beach. Not your pristine beaches of the West Bay, but my favorite dives were less than a 10 minute boat ride from the resort.

Just got back yesterday from a week at the Mayoka Lodge, which is right in between Tranquil Seas and Blue Bahia. Tranquil Seas seemed to have their act together and the place was in good shape. We went for the Tuesday Tapa's and while the food was good, it took WAY to long to get and the restaurant was blazingly hot, to the point some in our party just gave up and went back to the house to raid the fridge. Another thing of note, was that I rarely saw their dive boat leave the dock. If I recall correctly I think it only left twice during that week. That very well may just mean no divers were staying there that week, but it did seem odd.

I second morecowbells summary of Octopus Dive School. These guys were great, and would always go out, even if I was the only diver going on the trip. Also, the food at Blue Bahia was great, and you can actually get pretty damn good barbecue there from their smoker. If I were to go back to Roatan, and had to pick from the two, I would go to Blue Bahia. That said, I doubt I will ever go back to Roatan.

If I were to go back to Roatan, and had to pick from the two, I would go to Blue Bahia. That said, I doubt I will ever go back to Roatan.

Out of curiosity, why do you not wish to return to Roatan?

Out of curiosity, why do you not wish to return to Roatan?
I do not know if we are just cursed by the weather gods or what, but I have only been hotter than I was last week once, and that was off Iwo Jima. There was no wind, and it was unbearably hot. Add to that the sand fleas that made half our party break out in rashes, and it was pretty freakin miserable. The diving was great, do not get me wrong. Went to AKR for the snorkel with the dolphins, and that was great. But it was just so freakin hot and the second you got off the dive boat you just felt bites everywhere. It was a misserable place, and I have a hard time seeing going back given the other options in that neck of the world. (Note before everyone flames me, Atlanta is the coldest place I have ever lived outside of 4 years in the Bay area, so I am pretty heat tolerant.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom