Has anyone stayed in the Aldora Villas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ha! It matches up to what is important in Cozumel. Where to eat, where to sleep, and bottom time. :)

So do they have tanks right at the villa for shore diving?
yes that is where aldora does its lessons and there are usually a few tanks around. just help yourself.

In this case, the OP did specifically ask about dive time (as that is a major part of answering the question about value), and places to eat.

Thanks. Will be there in Dec for the first time and I was curious about the shore diving.
if you do nothing there is about a 95% probability that there will be tanks around. if you send an email a week or so before you arrive they will be 100% sure to have tanks there for you. they really aim to please, i have not been at the villas since 2010 but they had a lion fish we tried to hunt out in front of the villas. it seemed to be aware that it was hunted and got underneath a chunk of concrete whenever we went after it. hope you have better success if it is still alive.

Although the diving off the Villa isn't in the same class with the reefs, we saw a lot of fun things there. We found what I think is called a lemon ray in the eelgrass, and a beautiful fire worm on the sea wall itself. It was a nice way to spend 45 minutes or so, although now that they are running afternoon dives routinely, I think I'd probably just do that instead. You could actually snorkel most of what we saw shore diving. I think our max depth was ten feet.

My wife has this this thing about big bodies of water....she won't go in them. But, and it's a big but, she's thinking that because the water's so clear, she might actually give snorkeling in front of the villa a try. Afternoon shore dives are really my only chance of doing anything remotely close to diving with her. Who knows, she might like it enough to try a discovery dive......

dmeeve- The Villa would be perfect for what you have in mind- in front is maybe 12 feet deep, clear water with a pretty sunlit wall and lots of cute juvenile fish, usually (I'm told) little or no current. I liked it as both a snorkel and as a lazy afternoon dive- very unthreatening for your wife and a nice little dive for you. Good luck- Nancy

Well, if sometime during the first two weeks of December Hell suddenly freezes over, people begin to see pigs out their airplane windows, and Keith Richards swears off booze, then we'll know that she took the plunge. </hijack>

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom