Suggestion Hate to be a whiner...(Moved from "Healthy Recipes")

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Green Mountain
Reaction score
But the new title for this forum subsection is misleading IMHO. "Healthy Recipes" ???

Scuba Chef worked for what we discussed here. If I was surfing, I would be looking for some type of slimming recipes on this forum. This sub forum has been about cooking and not necessarily about "healthy" cooking. Bring on the butter and the flavor. :wink: Also we discuss regional food, procedures and cookware. So "Healthy Recipes" really doesn't give the scope of the subject matter.

Would it be that hard to leave the "Scuba Chef" the "Scuba Chef"?

benncool:
But the new title for this forum subsection is misleading IMHO. "Healthy Recipes" ???

Scuba Chef worked for what we discussed here. If I was surfing, I would be looking for some type of slimming recipes on this forum. This sub forum has been about cooking and not necessarily about "healthy" cooking. Bring on the butter and the flavor. :wink: Also we discuss regional food, procedures and cookware. So "Healthy Recipes" really doesn't give the scope of the subject matter.

Would it be that hard to leave the "Scuba Chef" the "Scuba Chef"?

You're not whining. Just one of many things that doesn't make sense.

Agreed the old title was better. But what's unhealthy about butter? It's all natural.

Margarine or that stuff in a squeeze bottle made in a lab? That's not food.

This is in the fitness section, which I think is a good idea.. but it looks like the regular ol cooking forum is gone? We should have both.

wrongkey:
But what's unhealthy about butter? It's all natural.
So are cobra venom, volcanic eruptions, ebola virus, and radon, but that doesn't make them good for you.

I have to agree that this doesn't sound like the right place for a recipe for bacon wrapped scallops. How about reinstating the old name and moving it to the Underwater Hunting forum?

Valid point, Matt. Asbestos is all natural, too...

But I still think butter is unfairly demonized. If my wife didn't insist on using that vile crapola in a squeeze bottle, I wouldn't let the stuff in the house.

I agree, but the whole "natural=healthy" thing has always rubbed me the wrong way.

Personally, I try to use olive oil as much as possible, but sometimes you just can't beat butter.

Back
Top Bottom