Have knive, need bungee scabbard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikedarmody

Reaction score
I have a Remora knive from U-K. I do not like the scabbard's attachment options. Either thru the BCD or onto a hose. Are there any bungee type attachments or other solutions for this knife? I want to put it on my calf.

mikedarmody:
I have a Remora knive from U-K. I do not like the scabbard's attachment options. Either thru the BCD or onto a hose. Are there any bungee type attachments or other solutions for this knife? I want to put it on my calf.

Why would You put Your knife on Your Calf????? If the leg gets fouled in a line or fishing line will It cut itself out??
In the Navy I was taught to keep the knife on the upper body for ease of removal to cut Yourself out of tangles. If the knife is on the calf then gets caught up it will only compound the problems. Keep the knife close to the body to access easily....Bill

mikedarmody:

You might be able to use the ocean master soft sheath:

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/knives/knives.asp (3rd of thew ay down the page)

Why don't you want to attach it to the bcd?

R..

Your dive knive should be someplace you can reach it with either hand. NOT on your leg, unless it's on the inside of your leg so either hand can get to it. But as mentioned, what if it's that leg what's entrapped? Mine is on my BC where I can get to it fast and with either hand.

That's my two cents worth,

Randy

dilligaf368:
Why would You put Your knife on Your Calf????? If the leg gets fouled in a line or fishing line will It cut itself out??
In the Navy I was taught to keep the knife on the upper body for ease of removal to cut Yourself out of tangles. If the knife is on the calf then gets caught up it will only compound the problems. Keep the knife close to the body to access easily....Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom