Have you ever considered a com system...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stoo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I understand that as solo divers, there really isn't much use for a commumication system. In my case, I almost always dive from my boat while my g/f tends the boat. We were watching a program on TV a while ago, where the divers were using a hard-wire com system, and she thought that I should find a wireless system so that I could call her for help if I needed it. (How she is going to help me when I'm at 180', I'm not sure, but work with me here...) I suppose she would at least know not to wait for me if all hell broke loose!

Have any of you considered a system to keep the tender happy? At first, I thought that this would be a bother, but as I have thought about it more, it might have several uses:

1) "Honey, I only have 5 minutes of hang time left... time to start mixing the margeuritas..."

2) "I really, really, really have to pee.... I'm going to need a zip instantly whan I get up.."

3) "I'll be up in 10... start warming up... I'll need you to haul in my 95s..."

4) "It's OK Hun, the boats mostly rubber, you'll be fine in the lightening..."

I imagine it might be a handy system

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom