HC1 questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's a bit of a pain on the HC1. The A1 can be had for much cheaper than list from reliable shops. Browse the A1 forum at www.Sonyhdvinfo.com

On the Ikelite with an HC1 the steps are as follows: turn off reversing circuit, move mirror out, click Pmenu, WB, flip wand, Point the camera, click one touch, click X, turn on reversing, adjust mirror. At 100 ft the wands require about 2 lbs of force to extract and pop in when you let go.

On the A1: Point camera, push the programming button.

thanks lars for the info (also for your posts on wetpixel too). If I was in the states, I would grab that A1U from B&H for the $500 rebate. But as I'm currently working in Hong Kong (and will be in Asia for awhile on this assignment), I prefer to get a PAL version (A1E). Unfortunately the $500 rebate is only on the US model (A1U). Now that being said, as I have a multisystem flatscreen tv here, would I be losing out much by going with a NTSC camera other than being unable to plug the camera in directly to someone elses PAL HDTV/ monitor? I understand there's some good software for converting NTSC/PAL.

Oh, Gates was nice enough to send me the manual for the HC-1 and the process appears slightly easier than the Ikelite. I guess the w/b control knob on the gates has four positions and you just follow the 4 step sequence.

For those with the Gates HC-1, is it really a PITAS to use the viewfinder only?

We used the camera for some location scouting and were very happy with the camera and the housing. The video quality is outstanding, and the Gates housing is very robust. We have no regrets with our decisions, unfortunately we didn't get the lights in Thailand, but are looking forward to using the full set-up in Florida in a couple of weeks. We used auto wb, which worked very well (we were between 15 - 30 feet); manual wb is a bit of a pita, especially while still learning the camera and housing.

With the computer effects guy saying the quality of the video is good enough to transfer to film, I'm glad we didn't go with one of the larger cameras. Because of it's small size we ended up using it for scouting on land and for vacation videos.

Glad to hear you guys are happy with the set up. let me know if u have any questions.

H2OPhotoPro: Why do you keep misinforming people that the Gates housing is the only housing that accesses MWB when you know it isn't?

Is it the only housing YOU sell that has MWB access, perhaps?

Shasta:

My apologies on the fact that my initial information was the Ike housing did not have that acces (due to backorder I have not had my hands on one yet). Other than the Ike, there is no other housing I am aware of. L&M, Amphibico, Sea & Sea and Equinox do not have access to the MWB control.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom