Hc3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paulpost

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade to HD and I was looking at Sony hdr hc3 that will fit grate in my Sony MPK TRV housing, There are a couple of websites that sell them for around $650
to be more specific this websites are www.usaphotonation,com or www.CCIcameracity.com, does anybody purchase anything from this websites, are they reliable?
I appreciate any input,
Thanks

I was also looking to get the hc3 and found those same sites offereing the camera practically at half price.

From previous experiences, places like this are very high pressure to buy extras and extended warranties etc... Usually some of the extras are things that you would want, such as, extra batteries, filters, etc., while others are not needed or very low quality. (Extra tapes, tripods, soft cases)

If you're about to buy from such a place, I'd recommend this:

1) Use a credit card that will back you up and not leave you alone ot fight the retailer. AMEX and MBNA MC have been excellent for me.

2) Ask about manufacturers warranites, return policies and re-stocking fees and be clear on what they cover and how they apply.

I don't have 1st hand expereince with this particular vendor, and it seems to be the same vendor with two sites, but I have had pretty good luck buying electronics from places such as these. Specially when they have as many good reviews as these two sites. YMMV

Also, they may tell you that you need to add extras to get "that price". I don't know how true this is, but worst case scenario even adding their cheapest extra package the price still very attractive.

Good luck!
Wys

We just bought this camera from B&H Photo for $1199 after going through the same search as you. Some of these sites do not offer a US warranty, or the camera is "out of stock" if you don't buy the accessories. Check with Consumer Affairs website. Good luck. Nice camera BTW.
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/cameras/usaphotonation.html

After a quick Froogle search, Abe's of Maine would be the first one I'd trust with my money. $1049 currently. All the rest seem too cheap, have no feedback rating, or seem too quick to offer their accessory packages w/o specifying what comes with the camera at their low price.

http://www.abesofmaine.com/viewproduct.asp?id=snhdrhc3&l=Froogle

my .02

chuck e:
We just bought this camera from B&H Photo for $1199 after going through the same search as you. Some of these sites do not offer a US warranty, or the camera is "out of stock" if you don't buy the accessories. Check with Consumer Affairs website. Good luck. Nice camera BTW.
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/cameras/usaphotonation.html
Thank you for posting this link the stories there are horrible:11:... I would not buy anything from this seller.

It meakes me wonder how they are allowed to do business. They should be shut down.

Wys.

Thank you all for your input and I'm sure I'll never buy from this kind of web-stores that have prices that look to good to be true.
Thank you again

Back
Top Bottom