headin' to California ... May 18-22

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, any idea on the final count? I have a reservation, but no buddy.

Cannery Point in usually a shore dive, no boat required, and I normally just shoot the breeze on the surface swim. Bluefish is *normally* a boat dive, but can be surface swam between the rocks if the seas are calm (which they are looking to be), but it is a long swim. You could snorkel over there and back, at least giving you something to look at. I'm bringing an inflatable and possibly a diveyak (if I can find the right inflator adapter for the pump). I don't know if anyone else is bringing a boat.

Anyone else coming without reservations *should* be able to get in. It's normally not busy on weekdays.

Ben_ca, that'll probably put you there right in time for our second dive! Kit up your stuff on the drive down there :D

We could do one boat dive, then do a shore dive for the second dive-sort of meander around Whaler's Cove and Cannery point, I'm open to other suggestions.

Can anyone else think of anything else?

FYI, I just heard from Joe Talavera that they have an open boat for Sunday. They'll be doing a two tank trip off the Escapade. You can reach Joe at experience@breakthrudiving.com .

I can only make Saturday, but thought I'd throw it out there.

~ Jason

You should check with Joe on what sort of diving he has in mind. He often does
sites that are VERY technical (he's a GUE tech instructor).

darkpup:
FYI, I just heard from Joe Talavera that they have an open boat for Sunday. They'll be doing a two tank trip off the Escapade. You can reach Joe at experience@breakthrudiving.com .

I can only make Saturday, but thought I'd throw it out there.

~ Jason

Chuck Tribolet:
You should check with Joe on what sort of diving he has in mind. He often does
sites that are VERY technical (he's a GUE tech instructor).

Whatever Chuck. It's a recreational charter in the less than 100' range. They'll probably do Ball Buster if you're not already there.

~ Jason

dannobee:
Yeah, any idea on the final count? I have a reservation, but no buddy.
Huh?

I thought that I was with you on Friday at Point Lobos. PM about to be sent

W

darkpup:
Whatever Chuck. It's a recreational charter in the less than 100' range. They'll probably do Ball Buster if you're not already there.
OK, you got that covered. Don't fall off your chair, but I'm not diving this weekend.
I'll be up in Delta at the annual Boston Whaler Rendezvous. I've spent the whole week
giving the whaler it's annual cleaning and waxing and chip repair job.

Joe and I did an amazing dive today! Conditions were FANTASTIC!!! Bob, you sure picked the right weekend to come out!

The charter on Sunday is purely recreational no tech stuff at all. :) Most likely the Pinnacles, a must see dive if you are in the area. It would be cool to have you on board Mr. Bob.

-Chris

Chuck Tribolet:
OK, you got that covered. Don't fall off your chair, but I'm not diving this weekend.
I'll be up in Delta at the annual Boston Whaler Rendezvous. I've spent the whole week
giving the whaler it's annual cleaning and waxing and chip repair job.

Now that is amazing. You're always in Monterey diving.

I'll be up in the Delta Memorial Day weekend on our O'Day 27. Fun stuff.

~ Jason

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom