Heading for St. Maarten!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jnorris

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
We are on a plane tomorrow morning, heading for St. Maarten. We'll be staying at Divi Little Bay Beach Resort for a week, then sailing on the Star Clipper for a week. The cruise will be going to Virgin Gorda, Norman Island, Tortola, St. Kitts and St. Barts. There will be dives each day from the boat, so I'm looking forward to checking out some of those sites.

What I'd like to know from those with experience is, are there any specific dive sites on St. Maarten/St. Martin that are "do not miss"? Let me know if there's something specific I should look for in a St. Maarten dive.

Thanks!!

So, how was the diving in St. Maarten? Did you dive with the new dive shop at Divi Little Bay? I'm headed there in a few weeks. Thanks for any info you can provide.

When you are in Tortola, they usually take cruise ship guests to the wreck of the RMS Rhone. That is not to be missed if you have the chance.

So, how was the diving in St. Maarten? Did you dive with the new dive shop at Divi Little Bay? I'm headed there in a few weeks. Thanks for any info you can provide.

We had a great time on St. Maarten and an even better time on the Star Clipper. I did dive with the dive shop at Divi, and they did a good job. We just dove right there in Little Bay from shore. The visibility was not good but it was a fun dive anyway. I only did the one dive at St. Maarten.

Divi was great. Our suite was great and the place is pretty nice. We enjoyed it.

When you are in Tortola, they usually take cruise ship guests to the wreck of the RMS Rhone. That is not to be missed if you have the chance.

We didn't dive the RMS Rhone. We actually were anchored in Pirate's Bight at Norman Island. We dove "The Indians" there. It was a nice dive. Earlier in the trip we dove two sites at St. Barths, and later in the trip we dove a wreck and a reef at St. Kitts. Great dives all!

We had a wonderful trip and can't wait for next year's Caribbean adventure!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom