heading to Nananu-I-Ra

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CaribQueen

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
My husband & I are heading to the new Bamboo Beach resort for 15 nights in late April. Our only reason for going is to dive with Bamboo Reef divers aka Crystal Divers. I know the resort on Nananu-I-Ra is a redo of an old reosrt...but...has anyone been there yet after the remodel? I just received travel docs from the US booking agent and still am wondering what we have spent a small fortune on...I KNOW the diving will be supurb, but we are there for 15 days. Can anyone tell me the "good" snorkeling spots or other fun things to do on Nananu-I-Ra when you are NOT underwater??? Don't get me wrong...we are not "weinies"...but first trip to South Pacific after 15 years of diving the Caribbean and Indonesia, Red Sea etc. Can someone tell me something about our destination???

CaribQueen:
My husband & I are heading to the new Bamboo Beach resort for 15 nights in late April. Our only reason for going is to dive with Bamboo Reef divers aka Crystal Divers. I know the resort on Nananu-I-Ra is a redo of an old reosrt...but...has anyone been there yet after the remodel? I just received travel docs from the US booking agent and still am wondering what we have spent a small fortune on...I KNOW the diving will be supurb, but we are there for 15 days. Can anyone tell me the "good" snorkeling spots or other fun things to do on Nananu-I-Ra when you are NOT underwater??? Don't get me wrong...we are not "weinies"...but first trip to South Pacific after 15 years of diving the Caribbean and Indonesia, Red Sea etc. Can someone tell me something about our destination???

Although I've been diving 4 times with Crystal Divers operating off Nananu-i-ra, I've always stayed at Wananavu Beach Resort and know little about the island, close as it is.

Since Dan Grenier, owner/operator of Crystal Divers and now Bamboo Reef Divers, offers the kind of diving I love, I plan a trip there later this year, staying at Bamboo beach, as well. I'm curious, too.

Why don't you contact Bamboo Reef Divers at
http://www.bambooreefdivers.com/ ?

Don, I have contacted Bamboo Reef Divers. I was just hoping to get some response from people who have been there. I know Bamboo Beach Resort are on their 4th group of visitors/divers, so I know the resort is open. I was just curious.

CaribQueen:
Don, I have contacted Bamboo Reef Divers. I was just hoping to get some response from people who have been there. I know Bamboo Beach Resort are on their 4th group of visitors/divers, so I know the resort is open. I was just curious.

Scubaroo just returned and posted a brief, positive review under the topic "Fiji - Bamboo Beach Resort".

donacheson:
Scubaroo just returned and posted a brief, positive review under the topic "Fiji - Bamboo Beach Resort".
Not yet - I've posted a report about our booking. We're headed there in June/July. Bella has just returned and posted a review in the same thread though which was very informative.

Scubaroo:
Not yet - I've posted a report about our booking. We're headed there in June/July. Bella has just returned and posted a review in the same thread though which was very informative.

Ooops! Thanks for the correction! You'd think I could remember the name of a poster for the 10 or 15 seconds it took to go from one thread back to another, but apparently not. <G>

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom