Heading to Paradise Island Bahamas. Anybody have a clue?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I stand corrected! You really do meet anyone and every one on line!
Did you have as much fun as you'd have done on the Jessica Alba film? :wink:

Dumb question...what's a non-Dir answer?

I did not work on the Jessica Alba movie, but I know personally of two divers who did - James Clyde, water safety officer, and marine coordinator Ricou Browning. They seem to think that Alba was a real trooper during the shoot and a good diver. The movie's shark scenes were filmed near where Stuart's Cove has their Shark Adventure. There's a shot of Alba hovering near the bottom and swatting a shark in the snout when it came too close to her - that scene was real.

Great info and the timing is wonderful. Just found out today I'm going to Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island in February with my wife's work. So, I'll have sometime to dive.

Is all the diving via dive operators, or is the shore diving here possible?

Also, if I were to visit another island, what island would you recommend?

Thanks, Carlos

If you don't mine a swim you can get out to many of the nearer wrecks. the drop off is about a half mile off the coast on the west side. (porpoise pens at Clifton pier) Stuart Coves does allot of diving here. Nari Nari; Tears of Allah; The Vulcan Bomber: Thunderball and James Bond's Cessna are all easily swimmable IF you can get to the coast.

The government are currently developing this stretch of coast for the local people since us evil developers are routing roadways inland to put the hotels nearer the sea. This means that security stops people from going there at the moment. It'd be optimistic in the least to say they'll be finished by FEB, but then, it'd be optimistic to say next FEB!!

As for other islands. Andros is about 20 nautical miles to the west and has the third largest barrier reef in the world of to the east of it, it's also famous for blue holes: Bimini has the bimini road, some say the Atlantis ruins, San Salvador is famed for hammerheads, Walkers key (was) for Zambizis. I think Stocking island off Long island has a Stoalithic reef, the oldest evidence of life on the planet at like 2 mill years or something ridiculous!!! You really can't go to far wrong!
I'm of to San Sal for xmass! I'll let you know how that goes.
Good luck!

In the summer of 1995 Dive Bahamas received a makeover. It became the home to the feature film "Flipper" starring Elijah Wood and Paul Hogan. Through the magic of Hollywood, a quaint dive operation, has been transformed in to a Bahamian fishing village complete with school, general store, fish market, and restaurant.
Dive Bahamas Facility

Anybody actually see/remember it? :D

DOH!
I'd rather have been wrong but left with the wonderful visual image of Jessica in figure hugging neoprene filling my tiny mind than Crocodile Dundee!!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom