Heading to Playa del Carmen, best place to dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tyson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi Guys, I will be travelling to Playa del Carmen in September and can't wait to do some great dives. Of course I want to experience the cenotes but also wouldn't mind some open water dives as well. The only problem is I've never been to Playa and have no idea who to go with. Anyone got any suggestions? I'm an MSDT and would like a place that wouldn't just group me in with OW's on easy dives. Thanks guys!:D
Happy Diving!

Hi Tyson,
Please visit our website Home-Ecodivingtours and have a look at what we offer here in Playa Del Carmen, we can accomodate for the more experienced diver and show you some great sights.
thanks
Jason
Ecodiving Tours

I went with Jason at Fantaseadive and was very impressed. He does small groups and caters to the divers in the group. Highly recommend him.

There are several good dive operators in PDC. I just did 19 dives in 5 days with GeoFish and I recommend them to my friends. We did 6 tanks in the cenotes and the rest on the reef including a night dive. Other shops I have used include Scuba Playa, Scuba 10, DiveMike, Cyan-Ha, Tank-Ha and Abyss. All are good options.

I would suggest that for your experience you should try and dive Los Arcos, Mama Vina and Pared Vede. These dives with usually have Tortugas, Barracuda and Cerebros as the 2nd shallow dive. All dive sites are worthy of diving at least once. Our group saw 2 manta rays on Los Arcos on our July trip.

I know that GeoFish will cater to your request for specific dive sites if you book in advance and make it know where you want to dive. Scuba 10 also will do this whereas Scuba Playa is less flexible.

I did a few dlives with DiveMike last spring as rest days from the cave training and had a good time. You get dressed in the shop and walk about half a block down to the beach, and out into the boat, carrying your gear, but not the tanks.

Hi Tyson,
I agree with Ed, there's many nice dive operators in the area, some mentioned by Ed. Basically you'll find Resort operators (not recommended), Classic Dive shops in town and freelancers (specially in Cenotes Diving).
I am a freelancer focus on Cavern diving. I invite you to visit divemayancenotes.com and get a better idea of what to expect no matter Diveshop you finally dive with. Anything you need do not hesitate to contact us and I hope you will be making bubbles soon here in Riviera Maya.

Regards,

Divemayancenotes

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom