Healthways Scubair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mick49409

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have one of these regulators that needs a diaphragm. Any ideas where I might be able to get one?

Is this what you need

Attachments

• GOPR0827.jpg
    GOPR0827.jpg
    412.2 KB · Views: 71
  • GOPR0828.jpg
    GOPR0828.jpg
    405 KB · Views: 68
  • GOPR0829.jpg
    GOPR0829.jpg
    407.7 KB · Views: 77
So far I have not been able to source that sized diaphram. One of these days I will get around to molding them myself.

Yep, mine looks like that. it's all brittle and junk! I love this vintage gear!

You can't have just the diaphragm, you got to take the whole thing.

That diaphram, even when in great shape is just too stiff to ever get the reg to breath well. I have not given up on finding a modern replacement but so far, making your own is likely the only real option for getting the old reg back in use. There were a few second stages made late in their life that had silicone diaphrams in that size, those are still in good shape but are rare to find.

The diaphram is stiff, it's like an old mechanicel fuel pump diaphram. These old regs are fun to mess with, I have a few oldies I got to breathe very smooth. Its fun to dive with them.

I'm experimenting with it using a conshelf diaphragm. I need to replace the exhaust port then I'll jump in the pool with it!

Wrong size, been there, done than.....and Dacor and Scubapro and every other modern one I can find. Custom made is the only option so far.

Actually...The Conshelf SE2 diaphragm worked! I was in the pool with it last night and it breathed great until the other o-rings gave out and it started free flowing, nothing major mind you but enough to irritate me!. :-( but the diaphragm held, and that is what I'm so excited about!

Back
Top Bottom