Heinrichs Weikamp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ostc 3 and Dr-x are coming out now.
The former has an optical port to plug it into your ccr. The latter has an S8 connection for the same purpose. They will most likely be great products.
The success of the ostc in mainland Europe is phenomenal! I do prefer Shearwater but the new ports could be a game changer for trimix ccr dives...

My LDS posted on Facebook that they are stocking HW products soon. I guess they must be selling to all retailers rather than just one supplier. I wonder if they plan to do so worldwide and whether they'll start selling them in the states?

I have the OSTC 2N and it is a brilliant computer. I use it 95% for normal recreational dives and the other 5% for deep (>45 metres) dives. Highly recommended.

Last dive I did with my Frog logged the dive as 655 meters. I sent it back to HW. They sent me a brand new OSTC2. Unfortunately, as grateful as I obviously was, I have arranged to return it as I specifically want, hence originally buying the Frog, a computer that runs on AA. I had no idea that they were going to send out a new computer they just did it and then mailed me. My Frog is dead and it looks like they are no longer making them. Anyway long story short they agreed to send me an OSTC3 for the cost of the price difference between the OSTC2 and 3 so I'm looking at around €50. Great service, wow, maybe I should go and buy a lottery ticket.

Update:

No OSTC3 it seems HW are having some issues and have no shipping date. They say they "hope" it will be before the end of the year. I'm wondering what the issue is doing some searching it seems they had failures right from the get go. Not very inspiring. Might ask for a refund on my dead, no longer produced Frog, and look at buying a Petrel.

Problem was the depth sensors apparently. They have had to move to a new supplier and so resdesign part of the case (I think).

Problem was the depth sensors apparently. They have had to move to a new supplier and so resdesign part of the case (I think).

Cheers, given they no longer produce the Frog and that I had a depth sensor issue with that will assume both used the same sensor. Hopefully they'll get it sorted sooner rather than later I've been using my old Suunto for the 3 months, I miss the colour display.

Back
Top Bottom