Hello All from South Dakota

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to the site and hello to you as well. Lots of great info on here... Take some time to fill out your profile and tell others about yourself. Again welcome to the site.

Where are you from in SD?

There are a very small handful of South Dakotan's on SB - about 4 or 5 - with I think Squidster being the most active on the board.

I escaped from SD last fall to double my salary and us the extra $ to pursue the mid atlantic wreck diving opportunities here and the cave diving opportunities 12 hours south in Florida.

But to be honest, odd as it may seem, diving is much more of a pain here with weather and logistics issues. The end result is a lot less diving, even if some of that diving is higher quality. So don't underestimate the diving in the middle of continent - and the great lakes with some superb wreck diving are still within driving distance of SD.

Welcome to the board !!! I'm a native South Dakotan, transplated to Texas many years ago.

Thanks for the welcome. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one from SD here. Being in the midwest makes warm water diving a little more difficult, but wife and I were at Sandals Negril last month and had a great time. The diving was average, but the resort was fun.

hey, my first year diving but so fare i've found that the diving is good and the fishing is awesome here in sodak

Back
Top Bottom