Hello All Ya

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

avengerki

Contributor
Reaction score
Well I just realised I had not posted an introduction yet and I have been posting and reading on the forum for a month now, strange it seems longer and shorter. I have been wanting to do scuba diving since I was 8 or 9 and first went snorkeling, sure snorkeling is good but some of the marine animals I wanted to see closer were just too far down. I have always enjoyed swimming underwater and when my parents put me in a swimming class around 4 or 5 the instructor just kept getting upset with me since I would go underwater and doing all my swimming there. As a result of my love of underwater my surface swimming skills are ok but not the greatest and getting better over the years. I still remember as a teenager wondering what in the world this one guy was doing scuba diving in lake Apache in Arizona where we would go quite frequently for water skiing and kneeboarding and probably 7 out of 10 times I would see the same guy come up out of the water from scuba diving but never asked him.

I did/doing a groupon special through a LDS, at first I was worried about it since after I paid the groupon I read a few reviews about that LDS and they were mostly negative when it came to groupon specials. Although from the start I have had a good experience with them, the instructor is great and took his time with each person along with answering all questions, including those through email. I have completed my pool and classroom portion but have not done my OW certification yet, the first OW cert weekend I couldn't goto due to a very busy schedule not sure if I can make the next one either.

So I currently live in Beaverton, OR and have had a great adventure so far with what limited scuba I have done. The wife has gotten a little aggravated with me over how much I have spent so far on scuba diving and I would like for her to learn also but she wants to wait until the kids are out of the house and never had a big love of the water like me. I have been jumping in head first so to speak and already have my own 7mil wetsuit, HOG regulators but no BC device yet. I have also gotten dive housings for my GoPro, a Canon point and shoot, and a Ikelite case for my Canon EOS Rebel XTI.

I am looking forward to diving and plan to eventually be doing night, wreck and cave diving. Most of where I will dive to start will be here in the Pacific Northwest. I would really like to see a Giant Pacific Octopus. If you couldn't guess already I also want to do underwater photography, since the best way to take something from nature is in your memory.

I would also like to get into rescue diving as I am on my emergency response team at work and have also been working on an associates in emergency management. When I was in the army aside from my main job in calibrations I had the task of being the combat lifesaver for my small unit. You could say I have been receiving emergency training for a long time since the first time I got CPR/first aid certified I was 12 and almost every year since.

Back
Top Bottom