Hello all!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I've been diving for a few years now. I learned to dive in Ireland while I was working there for two years. I've been back in NJ for about a year now and I just finshed my DM course.

Diving in Ireland is similiar to the NE coast. There are alot of wrecks. It also depends on which part of Ireland you're diving. The West and South coasts are great. I lived in Dublin area and dove there during the week and some weekends if there wasn't a trip planned for somewhere else.
The DM course was good. I learned alot of theory and was able to polish up on my skills. The DM course packs alot of information.

jerseydiver123 welcome! I've been taking a "poll" (for my own benefit) on folks who go pro. So I'm curious: What are your plans with your new found knowledge and experience? Was it primarily for personal advancement OR are you planning to work it as a job on the side for a long time to come or even to advance further along the professional ladder?

The plan is to work locally part time as DM for a year or so to gain more experience. Then go for instructor. I'm in no hurry though, I enjoy diving and learning new things.

jerseydiver123 once bubbled...
The plan is to work locally part time as DM for a year or so to gain more experience. Then go for instructor. I'm in no hurry though, I enjoy diving and learning new things.

Hey jersey...

Just wondering what dive shop you use...
we live in No. Brunswick

Becky.

Yes, I dove with the National Dive School in Malahide. I lived in Malahide also. I didn't want to come back to the US. I really enjoyed it there! I think I dove on every coast of Ireland.
The NDS website is: www.nds.ie

Send me a PM if you want more info. I'd like to hear about your dive experiences in Ireland also. Who do you dive with?

I still get dive updates by email from different clubs, I enjoy reading them.

hello. welcome to the board

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom