Hello and Any Advice on Fl dive sites?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mayor McCheeze

Registered
Reaction score
Ola,

My wife and I got certified a few months back and just came back from Hawaii after doing several dives there....truly awesome. Manta rays, sharks, octupus, turtles, squid..the works. We are dying to go diving soon and since Florida is in driving distance for us, we were interested in diving in and around the upper keys. We are mostly interested in UW life and were wondering:

a) if anyone could recommend good dive sites around the upper keys in Dec? Any cool diving operators to recommend would be great.

b) If anyone has dived the Key Biscayne NP area? I understand they have ranger led dives there, anyone taken them?

Cheers, thanks for your thoughts and this is a great forum!

Look at the North American diving threads. There is so much information available about Florida Keys diving to fill several file cabinets!

Or better yet, check out the Florida conch section. I think every week somebody posts that same question!

Thanks for the replies, I will check those sections. Guess I was a little to much in a rush when I posted this!

Not the first, surely won't be the last! :)

Good luck on your search!

When in Ft. Lauderdale look me up, always ready for a shore dive!

West Palm is a great place to dive. The Gulfstream comes closer to the continental US than anywhere else. 10 minute boat rides to get to the Gulfstream. Some of the best diving you'll find within the lower 48. Lots of turtles, sharks, rays, along with all the tropicals. Lots of wrecks in the area as well.

try www.divingsolutions.com

Dave

I like diving in Jupiter and West Palm Beach better. Just a suggestions and not as far to drive.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom